Ch.4

-Matthew pov-

I got up and skipped my shower. I grabbed the keys off the table and got in my car.

I drove Nash home and got Maddy. Well I had to wake her up.

I went inside the guest room and she wasn't in there.

I walked in Hayes's room and she was in there.... Sleeping in the same bed as Hayes. His arm was around her waist. She looked like she was crying last night.

"What the fuck dude?!" I yelled and threw the blankets back. And they both jerked up.

"Matthew?" I heard Maddy say in a raspy voice.

"Hayes!! What the fuck is my little sister doing in your bed?!" I said throwing my arms up.

"She had a nightmare." He said in a questioning voice.

I grabbed Maddy and walked to the car.

"Maddy? Can you tell me what happened?" I asked her and rubbed her thigh to comfort her.

"I didn't have a nightmare. The last place I remember falling asleep was the guest room." She said with a tear falling down her face.

We pulled in.

"Go inside. I'll be right back. And Ill get ice cream after what I'm about to do." I said with my fists clenched.

"Matt don't hurt anyone. Please?" She said crying now. She was so confused.
I just left. I was going to let Hayes pay.
I drove to Nash's house and I heard Nash and his dad yelling at him. I waited for his to leave and I stormed in the house and I stared at Hayes with the most deadly glare.

I walked over to him and picked him up by his arm.

"I told you to NEVER do what you did. And if you did you would see me hurt someone. But you are lucky your brother is my bestfriend or I would pound you face into the wall." I said. I let go of his arm and went to my car and drove to the store and got 8 pints of cookie dough ice cream.

I walked inside the house and Maddy was sitting there sobbing and texting on her phone.

•••••

-Maddys pov-

Matt walked in and I kept crying and I was texting my old friend Drake. Matt was the same to him as he was to Hayes.

I set my phone down and put the movie The Last Song in. I grabbed four pints of ice cream and started to eat and watch. He did the same. I only ate two so I put the others in the freezer.

"Hey Matt... Can you drive me the cages? I need to get crap off my mind right now." i said looking at him. He nodded and got up and took a call real quick.

I grabbed my bag and we drove there.
Normally no one was there. But today I saw a black Dodge there. It was Hayes's dads truck.

I got out and ran to the cages.

I got the tee and I put the softball on.

I hit that....and then I heard someone say something.

I turned around and I saw Hayes. Great.

"Looks like you needed time away from Matt." He said.

"No I needed to get things off my mind."

"Well, can I take you somewhere?" He asked with a smirk on his face.

"Go somewhere? With you?" I asked and them laughed.

"I hope that's funny because this won't. Your brother almost beat me up today. What did you tell him?" He asked. I was blown away of what he just said.

"Nothing about you. I told him what happened with my old friend, Drake, back home." I lied. I didn't want him to get mad.

"Good. Now can I take you?" He asked. He gave me a smile and started to walk closer to me. I backed up until I felt the net. Crap.

"Well.... You see... -" He cut me off.

"Maddy...please? Your such an amazing girl and...-" I cut him off.

"And nothing. I have to go." I got up and ran to the parking lot but was stopped by him grabbing my arm. I jerked back.

"Let go." I said.

"Not until you come with me. " I yanked my arm and I got loose and ran to Matt's car. He saw Hayes and got out. Hayes stopped dead in his tracks.

Great, now I have my own security guard....

•••••