Ch. 45

-Maddys pov-
(5 months later)

"When a heart breaks." I sang in the foggy mirror.

I was brushing my teeth when I hear a knock at the door.

Hayes got a job to work with his dad as an assistant coach.

Christmas was coming up and me and Hayes were planning on having a party. So I called my neighbor for some help.

"Coming!" I yelled and wiped my mouth off.

"Hey Maddy." Samantha said and she was walking in.

"Hey Sam!" I said.

We both sat down on the couch.

"So Maddy. You understand that having a party with older men and women is risky right? I say this because of experience." She said with a concerned face.

"Yeah. My party won't have alcohol because I know how my family gets if they get a grip of any of it." I said laughing.

"Okay, well.. Say of Matthew brings a pack of beer along with Nash who is carrying a wine bottle in your house....what would you do than?" She asked. She is basically my mom.

"Well. I'll have to tell them to bring the drinks outside and throw them away." I said also with concern.

"Okay. Good. Now...do you know if Nash is single? Just wondering.." She asked. Her face turned red.

"Yeah...he is all yours baby girl." I said laughing.

"Okay. That's step one...." She said.

The talking went on for at least 2 hours.

"Alrighty then...I guess i should be going..see you later Maddy." She said hugging me.

"Alright bye." I said hugging her back.

20 minutes later Hayes walked in. It was about noon so I was making lunch.

"How was practice?" I asked.

"Tiring." He said wrapping his arms around my waist and putting his head on my shoulder.

"I bet. I'm making grilled cheese with tomato sauce...want some?" He nodded and I gave him a plate and a bowl of tomato sauce.

"Thank you." He said and kissed my cheek.

We both sat at the table eating.

"So...did you start testing yet?" He asked and took a bite.

"No. I'm planning on starting after lunch now that you speak of it." I said looking around for my computer.

"Oh...I was going to take you to the movies since it's Friday. We both need to relax." He said.

I thought. Didn't sound like a bad idea.

"Alright. We can do that. Can I get changed first?" He nodded and I ran upstairs.

I curled my hair And applied light make- up.

"Babe I'm ready." I said and ran downstairs. He was getting the keys and opened the door.

"After you." He said and gestured me to go first.

"Why thank you kind sir." I said laughing.

We drove to the movie theater and than watched The Visit.

"Wanna go eat?" He asked. I laughed and nodded.

We went to a cute little café.

I saw him fidgeting with a box figure in his pocket.

Shit. This is to far.
I thought.

"Hayes..." I said.
"Yes." He responded.
"What ya doing in your pocket?" I asked with a concerned face.

"Okay. This isn't a marriage proposal or some of that shit...we're to young... But this is a promise ring. The ring has a heart inside. If you wear it long enough you'll see the heart indention on your finger." He said putting the ring on my left finger.

"Hayes.. Thank you. I love you so much." I said and kissed him.

After we are we went home.

"I call showerrrrrrrr!" I said running upstairs.

I turned the shower on.

"NOW THAT IM WITHOUT YOUR KISSES ILL BE NEEDING STITCHES!!!!" I sang.

I got out and put the towel around my body.

*knock knock*
"Hayes can you get-" He opened the door.

"Hello?" He asked.
"Is Maddy Espinosa here?" An old raspy voice asked.

I listened by the steps.

"What's it to ya buddy?" Hayes asked.
"Nun ya. Now where is she?" The man got angry.
"Why?!" Hayes yelled.

Then little whispers were said and I couldn't hear than I ran into my room and locked the door.

"Shit shit shit." I said and got dressed I slides sweat pants and a tank top.

"Hayes?" I asked. I saw him and the guy talking. They seemed to be having fun. They were laughing and the man was showing him pictures off of his phone.

"Maddy. Babe. This is Twaine Espinosa. Your real dad."