Ch. 41

-Hayes' pov-
"Hayes...wake up." I opened my eyes to Nila shaking me awake. Maddy was asleep on the couch.

"What?" I asked still tired.
"I want to go on vacation. And I was wondering if you and Maddy would want to go." She said handing me and Mandy's  passport. I nodded my head and went back to sleep.

"Hayes." I heard someone say walking into my room.
"What now?" I groaned rolling over.
"Well..never mind grumpy pants." I heard Maddy say.

"Wait babe. Sorry I thought you were Nila again." I sad getting up and putting on khakis and a plaid shirt.

"Here put these on. We're going to look at apartments." She said handing my my black nikes.

"For who?" I asked slipping on socks and the shoes.
"Us." She said walking out the door. I was confused.

I jogged out of the room.

"But Maddy we're only 16." I said holding her arm to turn her around.
"Yeah...and?" She asked laughing.
"Who's going to help us pay rent and go to school?" I asked with a confused face.
"Your mom and your step dad are helping pay rent. They offered. And we can both take online school and online college. We're going to tell Nash and Matthew once we are good and settled. It's a good plan." She said smiling. I literally couldn't say no. And I didn't want to. It was a good plan.

"Ok." I said.

We got into the car.

"Oo! Turn it up!" She yelled.
"White lips pale face, breathing in snowflakes!" She sang.
"But they say, she's in the class a-team. Stuck in her day dream, but they scream the worst things in life come free to us." She sang again. She has a beautiful voice.

**HONK**
**CRASH**

--an hour later--
--maddys pov--
I woke up and my head was bleeding. Hayes was unconscious in the seat next to me and I couldn't move my arm.

"Hayes!" I yelled. I started to panic.
"Hayes.." I cried. I gave up after a couple times. I tried yanking my arm out.

"Is someone in there?!" I heard someone yell.
"Yes! I'm in here! My boyfriends unconscious!" I yelled hoping I wasn't hallucinating.

"Ok just sit tight. The ambulance and the police are on their way!" They yelled back.

It took maybe a little 30 minutes and they helped us out.

I saw Hayes on a gernie.

"Wait. What's wrong with Hayes? Where are you taking him?!" I said getting up and walking fast Over to him.

"Ma' am you have to be related to him to be in the ambulance with him." The man said.

"He's my boyfriend. Come on. Please?!" I asked.

"No sorry." He said. I hate people sometimes.

I was being pulled into another ambulance.

"Am I going to the hospital?" I asked. They didn't say anything back.

They didn't put in in any other clothes. My shorts and shirt was ripped up pretty bad. And my cardigan was gone. I felt really exposed.

"Maddy we are going to have to put your arm into a cast. You broke some tissue and bones and you are going to have to stay in the hospital Over night. Do you have anyone to come and get you tomorrow?" He asked.
"Um. No." I said looking down.
"Do you have a legal guardian living with you at the moment?" He asked.
"Yes...Nila. Hayes Griers mom." I said.

"Okay. Thank you. What I'm going to need you to do is sit in this wheelchair and we'll wheel you to your room. Your cut on your head has caused loss of blood which can make you very unstable." He said with a wheelchair in front of him. Guys opened the ambulance doors and put the wheel chair on the ground. I was helped out and into the chair.

As I was in the hallway I hear yelling.

"Hayes! Come on boy stay with us!" I was looking around and I spotted a team of paramedics rushing him to the ER.

"Wait. Is that the Hayes that was in the car crash with me?" I asked.
"If I answer that it'll cause much stress." He said looking straight forward.

What a bitch! I mean not telling me gives me stress.

"Okay please get into bed. And we'll give you a new phone tomorrow once you've gotten better.

"But what about Hayes? Will he be okay?" I asked sitting up. He pushed my shoulder softly down and my head against the pillow.

"No need to explain his worries. Get some rest and you'll get to see in the morning." He said and walked out.

But I can't sleep. I can't rest.

Not without knowing Hayes is okay.

•••••
I updated!!!
I'm alive.
You're welcome for not dying😂
~Hannah