Ch. 49

-Maddy's pov-

"Maddy wake up! It's snowing!" Hayes said while barging in the door. I sat up and took out my ear buds.

"Wait? What?" I asked. I swear I was only asleep for only 5 minutes. It was in the evening and the sun was not showing.

It was all gray outside.

"Come with me." He said and took me hand.

He was taking me to the old park where we used to go.

"Hayes what are you doing?" I asked.

"I am showing you all the things that we've missed for a long time. This is basically the only memory that I want back then any." He said smiling and looking at the road, also pulling into the park.

"You know what I miss?" I asked. "Our old lives. You know...living with our family. And going out on dates like normal teenagers. And going to school. I miss how it used to be. And it surprises me how you don't even take a look on the past not that long ago. Hayes can we sell the apartment and go back to the way it used to be?" I asked sitting criss-cross-applesauce in the passenger seat.

He looked at me for a second.

"Only if you want to. And obviously you do. So I'll call Nila and Nash. I'll also give Nash his truck back." He said smiling reassuring me happiness and got out.

"ILL BEAT YOU TO THE TREE!!" I yelled while running to the tree we always used to climb. But when I got there, there was no tree. I closed my jacket and looked around. No tree.

"Hayes it isn't here....what'd they do to it??" I asked when he ran up to me with a huge fading smile.

"I guess they cut it down...im sorry babygirl." He said and wrapped me in his jacket.

"Um....What are you doing here?" I heard a teen boys voice say behind us.

"Why should we tell you?" I said to him pushing from Hayes. I noticed it was Scott from the school. He always though he was a cool senior and thought he owned everyone.

"Hey old lady....I suggest you leave or you'll see the worst side of me." Then he looked up at Hayes.

"Holy shit guys! Its Benji Wenji!" He said turning around and laughing with his 'posse'.

"Yeah...and I aint no old lady." I said looking at them with a smirk.

"And looky who we have here gentlemen...Hayes' girlfriend who's probably older than him.

"Actually that's Maddy Espinosa..." Hayes said looking at me and back at them. They flipped my hood off. They stood back in shock.

"Maddy Espinosa....well, i'm really sorry for disturbing you.....ummm ill see you around." Scott said and walked away.

"What the fuck just happened?" I asked laughing.

Hayes shrugged.

"Can we go home and sleep now??" Hayes said laying his head on my shoulder.

"Yes, baby." I said laughing. I drove since he was too tired.

"Night babe." He said and literally jumped in bed. "Night." I concluded. I also literally jumped into bed and finally fell asleep.

<<<<<<>>>>>>

Tomorrow came and Hayes and Maddy packed and called everyone. They all agreed happily and they are all settled in.

<<<<<<>>>>>>

-Maddy's pov-

I'm honestly glad im moved back in with Matt. He and I have some catching up to do.

"Maddy can you come here?!" Matt yelled from downstairs.

"Yessssss?" I asked running down the stairs.

"So...You know how all the guys are splitting up?" He asked taking a sip of whatever he was drinking and continued. "Well I was planning on moving back up to Virginia. Where we used to live. The place is still up for grabs since there is a rumor going around that it's haunted." He said. I sat there in shock...

"Really? I couldn't be more....excited." Honestly I am going to miss Hayes. But I know Matt his kidding. And plus it would be great to see if my class has changed any.

"So you're good?" He asked. "If you are....you are basically packed already and so am I and Taylor wants this place and he said he'd buy it after today." I knew he wasn't kidding anymore.

"So when are we leaving exactly?" I asked....

"Tomorrow." He said getting up and throwing away his plate.

"So go load up because we're leaving early to catch an early plane to get there and get settled in....I love you and this is the best." He said and kissed my head.

I nodded. Nothing else.

I went to load up and put my luggage into the trunk. As I put the last suitcase in Hayes came up to me crying.

"You're really moving?" He asked. I nodded because I wanted to make it clear to him that it wont work long distance.

"Maddy....why?" He asked and stopped me from going inside.

"Because Matt wants me to have something from my parents. And right now....I don't think it's beset for us. I can't do long-" He cut me off when I was about to ball.

"Long distance is bullshit I know but I know that with us it can work!!" He said. His face was turning pale and his eyes were bloodshot from crying so much.

"Hayes. Please. This is as hard for me as it is for you. So, don't hold me back....it'll make it harder. Just let everything happen. Even if you don't want it to happen." I said smiling and placed my hand on his shoulder and grinning. I bit my lip because tear slipped.

"Are we-we breaking up?" He asked dazed and confused.

"Well....don't think of it like that...think of it like...see you later." I said and let another tear slip.

"Maddy, I can't function without knowing you're right there next door." He said drying up his tears.

"Well....it'll be easy to move on. You never know...a really p-pretty girl will show up next door and you'll give her this amazing promise ring and you'll tell her you love her for the first time. And everything will be uphill from there."

---------play you'll never be alone.--------

I walked away and went inside and slid against the door. I balled  my eyes out and I put my head in my hands. Life just got a lot harder.

I remembered how it all happened. Why can't that leave. Why can't Hayes have another girlfriend instead of me.

I looked out the window.... he was sitting down crying.

I ran out side and stood in front of him.

"Here's to everything." I took his face and kissed him.

.....

well then...