Don't Be Mad. |Mattheo Riddle|

Warning: Talk of Self Harm 
Word Count: 413
---------------------

"Don't be angry with me." Tears were in the girls eyes as she watched the boy she loves with tears falling from his eyes. He had just caught her with a blade in her hand and blood on her arm.  

"I am angry with you! And I have a reason to be angry with you! You can't do this! You can't!"

"No...I can. It's the only thing I have control over." He sighed deeply and pulled the girl into his arms. He mumbled a spell and a cloth appeared in his hand. He started gently trying to rub the cloth over her arms. She flinched in his arms and he felt horrible.

Tears were running down both of their faces and she never sees him cry so when she does her heart breaks, this time was no different. She let out a few sobs as the cloth glided her skin. It felt worse than the actual blade. 

"I know it hurts sweetheart. I am sorry." When he was done he let out a shaky breath and pulled the girl's body closer to him. She wrapped her arms around his neck and he slowly laid down with Y/n laying on top of him.

He kissed her forehead and she nuzzled her head into the crook of his neck. He held her while she sobbed. He hated that she felt the need to do this and she didn't feel safe enough to go to him.

He knew all of her struggles but he didn't know they had gotten worse and that's what hurt him, knowing she didn't feel safe enough to tell him. That's what broke the boy.

What he didn't know was she had tried to tell him before it got bad but when she saw how much work he was doing because of his father and the stress that came with it, she didn't wanna be something else he had to worry about.

Y/n's legs were wrapped around Mattheo's side as she clung onto him. Mattheo's arms were wrapped around her waist and her head was dug into his neck. Her sobs had died down and her breathing slowed.

He knew she was asleep and he just hugged her tighter, scared to let her go. Tears started flowing down his cheeks as he adjusted his head so it was leaning against hers.

He was scared, for the first time in his life.