Proposal. |JJ Maybank|

trigger warning: none
word count: 477

It was heart warming to watch the pair grow up. The Pouges watched them grow to love each other and they thought it was the best gift they would've been given, except for each other of course. And they were so happy to be able to watch JJ's purpose to her.

She had tamed him.

When no one else could calm him with a simple touch, she could. When he would be having a panic attack, his mind immediately went to her. He knew from the start that he wanted her to be his forever. JJ had taken Y/n out to a fancy restaurant, with the help of Sarah's money.

They were sitting next to each other, JJ's hand on her thighs as his thumb rubbed her skin gently. He was looking at the menu, not used to everything being fancy.

"JJ, I'm sorry for asking but how are you paying for this?" He looked up at her, kissing her nose and squeezing her thigh a bit.

"Don't worry love. It's okay." He laughed softly, so happy she would rather keep the money, if it was his, then go on a date. But he definitely wouldn't. He would waste every dollar that he had to make sure she was happy.

"You su-" Before she could respond with the question, JJ cut her off with his lips attaching to hers. She smiled against his lips and he couldn't help but get butterflies when he felt the smile. Y/n turned away, looking towards the ocean view and smiled. She felt JJ's hand leaving her thigh but she didn't think too much of it.

But when she turned around, he was on one knee, tears brimming his eyes.

"Y/n, there aren't words to describe how much love I have for you. Or how incredible you make me feel. You make me calm. I remember when we were young and we didn't really know what love was, but we were young kids who didn't have parents who loved them. But we got that love from each other. And at the time, we didn't realize that but, I've been thinking about it, and we always have leaned on each other to be there in a time of need. I would burn the world to know you were safe in my arms again. So, Y/n L/n, will you make me the happiest man and let me love you forever?"

Y/n was sobbing, a hand to her mouth. Some of the guests in the restaurant had tears in their eyes but all the girl could do was nod. She could speak. JJ smiled brightly and stood up, pulling the girl to his chest and smiling so happily.

They were each other's forever.

•••

There will be a Draco and Mattheo version as well!