I Miss You, I'm Sorry. |JJ Maybank|

trigger warning: none?
word count: 354
(I miss you, I'm sorry by Gracie Abrams)

JJ and Y/n were...something.

They loved each other but it seemed like no matter what they couldn't stick together. Y/n had her own mental health problems and JJ had his. There were times one of them would get so stuck in their head that they wouldn't talk to each other for days on end.

Y/n would offer catch herself thinking about the times they had. She left the Pouges when they split up, seeing him being to difficult for her to carry on with. She remembered when they were laying in bed and he would say that they were forever.

It still broke her heart, just like it broke his.

She started missing him so much that she missed fighting in the Chateau and he'd get so mad he'd throw dishes, which John B made him replace.

She didn't want to let go of the boy because he had a place in her heart that no one could ever change or replace. She still loved him. They had run into each other once since they split and it was late into December. They smiled slightly and walked past each other, every bone in their body fighting to not look back at the other.

Y/n couldn't continue walking in the store so she ran discreetly to her car and let a panic attack wash over her body. JJ had gotten what he needed and saw her in her car having the panic attack. But he simply looked away and got into his car. He always knew how bad her attacks were and it killed him to not be in the place to help her.

When he got into the car, a tear glided down his cheek as he squeezed his eyes shut. He wanted to get out and run to help her. It just wasn't his place anymore.

"I miss you, I'm sorry." He whispered, his voice breaking as more tears glided down his cheek.

"I miss you, I'm sorry." She sobbed out in her car.