Chapter Twelve: Hello Portugal

Chloe POV

“Pleaseeee Melanie!” I was trying so bad to convince her me to give a week break so I would be able to go to Portugal with Clover!

“No Chloe! I need you here, do you understand that we have an important shoot like next week and you are supposed to be the photographer!” My boss, Melanie, said to me,

“But Mel…” I sighed “Pleaseee, I’m asking you please and I never do, you know that!”

“Yes, yes I do know that…” I smiled thinking that I was winning when she finally added “and the answer is still NO!” I sighed again, she was stubborn but then again I can be way more stubborn then her and when I want one thing I only stop when I get it!

 “God, do you know what that would meant to me? Joanne gave Clover a break, and you can’t give me one? For god sake’s you have at least more four damn photographers as good as me… I’m not even the head photographer so why do I need to be on that shoot so badly?” I shouted forgetting that I was talking to my boss who can get me fired in like five seconds…

“Did you just yell at me Chloe Williams?” She looked at me with eyes wide open “You’re my freaking employee; you can’t yell at me, do you understand that?” She yelled and I just nodded embarrassed, she continued…

“Joanne gave Clover a break because Clover doesn’t need to be at the photoshoot, and don’t need to style no one too, so as she doesn’t have a lot to do, she can have a break… And yes I have more photographers but you are the one I have chosen for this shoot, so you will do it!” she was calmer by now, I just nodded again…

“Let me just ask you something Melanie… You have family, right?” She nodded “Don’t you miss them?” She looked at me weirdly

“I get to see them every day!” she said

“Well I’m in London for like half an year, maybe more, I’m not from here as you must have noticed since I don’t have the accent, and since in my curriculum you can see my hometown is Oporto in Portugal! I didn’t have a chance to see my family for half an year; do you imagine how much I miss them? No you don’t ‘cause as you said you get to see your family every single day, well I don’t and this was my chance to be with them, but ok, if I need to be here, then I’ll be here, but don’t ask me to be nice to you when you don’t fucking have the notion that I’m not a freaking toy and I have a fucking heart!” I said, almost yelling the last part again, she really pissed me off. She was looking at me eye wide again, I just got up and walked out her office, to go home and tell Clover that I wouldn’t go with her to Portugal because my boss is a heartless bitch! Don’t get me wrong, I love Melanie she’s super nice and I get along with her pretty well, but right now she’s being just a bitch!

“Wait Chloe!” I heard Mel yell “Ok, I’m sorry for being such a mean person, I’ll find someone to do the shoot for you, you’re free to go, you have your week free, but you better be prepared to work once you get back!” I smiled; after all she was nice and reasonable! I thanked her, and walked away from the building heading to my car, then to the coffee shop and to the newsstand and then I would go home…

**

“Clover? Are you in home?” I asked once I got home…

“Yup! In the living room!” she answered. I put my purse in my room, and walked to the couch where Clover was sitting watching TV and sat beside her.

“So I talked to Melanie, and after being a real bitch, she decided to give a week off!” Clover grinned…

“Does that mean that…”

“Yup we need to start pack our stuff, and buy our tickets and surprise our families!” I cut her off “Oh and you need to tell Harry about our week off in Portugal…” This time Clover frowned