THIRTEEN

RUE'S feet hit the cold tiles on the floor that lead to the kitchen

RUE'S feet hit the cold tiles on the floor that lead to the kitchen. She didn't know why but at the strike of five fourty-five am, the girl craved for a glass of milk.

The only problem was I couldn't find the cabinet with the cups, so instead I grabbed a bowl.

Before pouring the milk into the bowl as quietly as possible, the living room light turned on.

As the footsteps came closer, my first instinct was to grab a knife but choked when I heard the sound of a gun clicking.

"Who there?" An older voice called out.

Rue sighed before realizing it was just the father of the Gain's siblings and one of the oldest dealers in town.

"It's just me, Benny." Rue sighed.

Benny came into the light, wearing a black hoodie and jeans.

Nobody couldn't lie that the older man took care of himself and was still fine to this day.

His eyes took a glance at Rue's milk and bowl.

"The fuck are you doing?" Benny was always blunt, its probably where the twins got it from.

"I- um-" Rue started to explain till Benny cut her off with a chuckle.

"Just get a cup, nigga." He went to the cabinet next to the teen and pulled out a glass cup.

"Thank you."

"Now what the fuck are you doin' here this late?" Benny pondered.

The two were now sat the kitchen table as the older man counted the money from last night's profits and the sun had started to rise.

"There's nothing I'm really passionate about...you know I'm not dying to say or do anything...really and every time I admit that to people they're like 'oh my gosh, that's so sad' but I think that's the case for most people, you know? Like when I look at my mom or like the kids at my school...."

Benny continued to listen to the girl rant, secretly wanting her to shut up and figure out how the fuck she got into their house.

He hasn't seen Rue in the flesh since Sevyn was in the eighth grade and the Bennett's lost their father but he knew what had been happening due to keeping contact with Leslie and through Sevyn's friendship with the girl.

"Like their profiles and their tumblr rants. You realize they're all just fucked up too...and lost.. They just have a reason to mask it...whether it be like their families or their boyfriends or girlfriends or hashtags and they're just reaching for something."

Benny had now realized the girl was too deep into her rant and was probably high on something based on how its the crack of dawn and everyone in the house was sleeping.