Chapter 15 - Together

"She broke 2 of her ribs but the healer already fixed that. However, the bruises will still be there and a little pain. Other than that, she's fine."

"When will she wake up? She's been asleep for almost two days!"

"That's up to her body to decide. She's healing and it may take some time. Depending on her healing process.

"As for Yi Shan's wounds, he's critical. I mean, he's got vampire bites all over his body and the healer is taking every time he could to take the venom off his system."

"Why did he have to chase those vampires, anyway?"

"Only him could tell. Matagal pa bago siya tuluyang gumaling but let's hope for the better, okay? We've got the best healers."

A moment of silence then I heard the door closing. I remained my eyes close. Kanina pa ako gising, actually. I just don't want to open my eyes yet and face the cruel world I'm in.

I want to be like this for a while. Peaceful. Quiet. No vampires or any serpent harming me. It's like my own comfort zone.

"I know you're awake. Your lids are fluttering." Lyko said and poked my cheeks.

I sighed and opened my eyes.

"How are you? Do you need anything?" He asked and gently held my hand resting on the side of the bed.

Maliit akong ngumiti, "Fine. Just water, please." I am parched. Dalawang araw ba naman akong matulog.

He immediately stood up and went to get me a cup of water. Agad akong uminom nang makabalik siya at ibigay sa akin iyon.

"How about you?" I asked back.

"I'm fine too." Kinagat niya ang labi at halatang nagpipigil ng sasabihin.

"What?"

"It's just that..." bumuntong hininga sya, "The academh will take a week of inactivity to pay respect to Aster."

"Who's he?"

"The one who died when the attack happened." Tiningnan niya ako sa mata, "The only one who died." He repeated.

Tumindig ang mga balahibo ko at bumalik sa alaala ko kung paano siya tumilapon at bumagsak. He looked like a sack of rice, thrown to the ground. Except that he was bleeding a lot and the grass was soaked of his fresh blood.

I remember the terror in his still opened eyes.

"His body was sent back to the villages. His family will take care of the funeral. We will be there."

I am loss for words. Serpents are this cruel. They killed an innocent person! They killed him and treated him like a pig! Bigla lang silang sumulpot sa kasiyahan para manggulo. How cruel could they be?

"How did they enter the premises? You said there are butlers guarding the area." Tanong ko.

"They ate most of them."

Kumabog ang puso ko sabay ng pagkalaglag ng panga ko. What in the actual hell?

"Are you being serious right now? Because I'm telling you, I am freaking out!"

"My family will also be paying the families of the dead soldiers with rubies." He said grimly. "We weren't able to recover even a thread of their flesh."

Nanlamig ako. That... is how cruel those bastards are! Wala silang puso! Inubos nila ang mga gwardiya na para itong hayop.

"Listen, Samantha. This is one of the reasons why we should win the war no matter what. Nakita mo kung gaano sila kasama and my people will be in great danger if we were to be put under their possession!"