Chapter 32 - Dark Serpentine

"Let me go!" I shrieked when he grabbed both of my arms and began dragging me. I stuck both of my feet on the ground trying to stop him from pulling me. "Let me go!" I tried prying his fingers off my arm.

No use. Aside from him being muscularly strong and huge, I'm still fazed because of my fall and my head hitting the insides of the carriage. Nanghihina pa ako at sobrang masakit ang katawan. 

"Lyko!" I turned around to his unconscious body lying on the ground and called for his name hoping he would wake up. 

"Help!" My screams were useless. Only the birds of the night were able to hear me as they flew from a tree, seemingly disturbed by the noise. 

To stop me from thrashing, Jersen scooped me up with his arm and put me on his shoulder to carry me. Sandali akong nahilo sa biglaang paggalaw. I punched his back, his butt and still! He didn't even groan or anything. 

He seems like a hard man.

"You bastard! Put me down!" 

My fear doubled upon realizing what he's trying to do to me. Adrenaline surged in my veins that I was able to put imbalance us by wriggling my body so hard. It caused us to roll on the grass. 

I didn't feel any pain and took the opportunity to get up and ran. Hindi ko alam kung saan ako pupunta but one thing is for sure, I have to get as far away as possible from him. His intentions hasn't been pure ever since, and his motive now is worse.

"Samantha!" He roared as he was left catching up with me. I took a turn to the forest for the thought that the darkness may hide me. Tumakbo ako, jumping from protruding vein to another. 

I know it was selfish to leave Lyko there but he isn't Jersen's agenda. It was foolish to go to him when Jersen's motives are dangerous and fearsome. So I ran, not looking behind. 

"Run while you still can! Because when I catch you, you won't be able to even move!"

The voice came from behind me. Mas binilisan ko pa ang takbo kahit nahihirapan sa suot at pananakit ng tagiliran dhail sa kakulangan sa hangin. Hindi ako puwedeng huminto at hayaan siyang kunin ako. 

Sweat trickled down my face. The wind blowing to me was cold and chilly, pricking my lungs every time I inhale. Sobrang lamig ng gabi, malapi na kaya ako sa Agreassine?

A shriek from a bird hanging on the branch of the tree distracted me. Hindi ko nakita ang nakasiwil na ugat sa daanan at napatid. I groaned in pain when my ankle twisted in the wrong direction, I even heard the bones snapped. 

I groaned in pain. Bumagsak ako sa mamasa masang lupa. Tanga! Sa sinag ng buwan ay naaninag ko ang bukong bukong na nag-iiba ng kulay. Kinagat ko ang labi at dinama ito. Napapiksi ako sa sakit.

I feel hopeless. My ankle hurts and someone crazy is chasing me down. Gustuhin ko mang umiyak ay wala akong oras. I slowly removed my shoe. Sinubukan kong tumayo, putting my weight to my healthy leg. 

Hindi ko man inaapak ang kanang paa ay pumupulso ito sa sakit. I had to support my weight by grabbing onto the nearest trunks and walk limping. Mabagal at malalim ang hininga ko bawat galaw. 

I drew in a sharp breath when my foot hit a rock. Nagalaw nito ang paang sinusubukan kong indahin. Did I lose him already? I hope I did. Sana rin ay malapit na ako sa Agreassine.

I'm sure the queen is looking for us now. I'm sure they noticed that our carriage did not follow them anymore. 

The cold wind blew that made the hairs at the back of my nape rise. My eyes shifted from one place to another, and when I looked straight ahead, Jersen was already standing before me close enough that my nose hit his chest.