Chapter 11: Trainwreck

Book 1: It Was a Mistake, But I am Unbroken Now

Book 2: Here We Go Again When Two Worlds Collide

Book 3: Love is Loud Enough to Stop Hate ---> this book! :)

Note: After being blocked for a while I've started writing this again and I really think you'll like reading Maria's point of view of all that's happened to Kayla. Kayla appears again in the next chapter. :) I've also had an idea to make Kayla a twitter account where she will post quotes, sayings, etc. I don't know if I will do it yet, but if anybody would follow her and wants something like that then comment!

Enjoy!

Remember to follow my twitter: @StrongLovaticJB 

Chapter 11: Trainwreck

You’re a trainwreck.

            I told myself I wouldn’t let them get to me. I told myself I was stronger now because I went to New York, and I told myself it was a good decision. I got into the habit of repeating things in my head. Reminding myself that I’m stronger, reminding myself that I don’t care what people think, reminding myself that bullying isn’t personal, and reminding myself that I won’t break because of them. The next day at school changed everything and there was nothing I could do about it. Kayla didn’t show up to school and Bethany and Zane gathered a large group of 13 students that became their targets. Kayla didn’t show up the second day either, and the bullying got worse than ever before. The first day they followed the bus to school and waited for me to get off. As soon as I stepped off the bus, Bethany tripped me and I landed on the cement. I walked straight to the nurse’s office and she patched up my face. The entire group continued to push me around the whole day between classes and threw me notes in class. Lunch was the worst. I ate my lunch quickly and hid in the bathroom until the bell rang.

            Now it’s the second day that Kayla’s gone and I had no idea what was in store for me from Bethany and her friends. My face is still bruised and my entire body aches from yesterday.  I kept my head down walking to my locker and through the halls. One of the teachers stopped me before I could walk into class.

“The principal wants you,” Mrs. Kate said.

“Okay.”

            I turned around and walked through the halls to the principal’s office. She secretary told me to go in and I sat down in front of the principal’s desk.

“Do you know why you’re here Maria?” the principal asked.

I shook my head.

“You’re here because I know about the bullying problem here at this school. I want to help you, but I can’t help you unless you tell me what’s going on. None of the other victims will fess up to it, but I have security tapes proving you’re one of them.”

I sighed, “There are 13 students being bullied.”

“13? Why 13?”

I shrugged, “I don’t know. I don’t think it’s just coincidence though. “

“Maria, they’re your friends so why are they doing this to you?”

“They aren’t my friends anymore. I tried to stop the bullying last year, and it didn’t work. They thought I wanted to be friends with Kayla who was bullied so now I’m their target too.”

“What about the others?”

I shook my head, “I don’t know their story. I don’t talk to them. I don’t talk to anyone anymore.”