Chapter 21: Two Worlds Collide

Demi Lovato Fan Fiction

Book 1: It was a Mistake But I Am Unbroken Now

Book 2: Here We Go Again When Two Worlds Collide

Book 3: Love is Loud Enough to Stop Hate <---- this book ;)

Book 4: That's How You Know to Believe in Me

Chapter 21: Two Worlds Collide

            While most of the guests left after a few hours of partying, the members of our small group stayed to hang out. There were 17 of us total. We were all still hyper off all the excitement from the party, but Kayla was more excited than any of us.

“Kay,” Demi laughed, “You need to calm down!”

We all laughed, “I can’t! This has been so much fun!”

“Is this about your epiphany or whatever that you had at the hospital?” I asked her.

“Yes!” she laughed, “It was seriously life changing. I wish I would have had that realization years ago. It would have saved me a lot of pain. I truly feel.. not to sound cliché, but I truly feel unbroken now. I can’t believe things even got that bad that I wanted to kill myself. I mean I really went home every day and all I kept thinking was that I wanted to kill myself… I NEEDED to kill myself. I tried to… I really did, but something stopped me every time. I can’t believe some of you even noticed how skinny I was getting or how depressed I was. I assumed that because my parents couldn’t figure it out then nobody could.”

“I think your parents and the bullies are the only ones who didn’t notice,” I told her, “Because I know of a lot of people who did notice.”

“Me too,” Dylan said, “I even told some people about it.”

“Did it make a difference though?” she asked, “Because no one tried to stop me until six months ago. Do you know they actually handcuffed me to a chair and forced me to show them my arms? I mean come on even my dad left his study for five minutes to handle it.”

“What’s up with your dad?” Jack asked.

“I think he’s most of the reason why I was so depressed,” she admitted. “He drinks a lot, claims he’s working on his next book. That he needs his concentration so it can be a hit. He hides in there for days at a time. Usually only leaving for food and when he did, I could smell the alcohol on his breath.”

“It brought you down,” Dylan interrupted.

“Yeah… it did. It brought me way down. I hated being in the house and I hated even seeing my parents because my mom’s always been in denial about it. Neither one wants to admit that he has a problem. I just wish there was a way to make him realize what I did. So he can feel as great as I do. I know he’s afraid that this book isn’t going to be a hit. That it’s not going to be successful like he wants it to be, but he just has to try.”

“You need to tell him that,” Demi said, “Have an intervention, just like they did for you. Make him listen. Don’t give him a choice.”

“You think that would work?” she asked her.

“Definitely,” Demi said, “And I know David’s noticed.

“That’s right,” I smiled, “How’s that going?”

            Before now, none of us even knew something was going on between David and Demi. We saw them together all the time, but we thought it was only because they were concentrated on trying to help Kayla. The smile Demi gave Kayla gave away to all of us what her feelings really were.