Ch. 15: The Gift-Giver

I guess you could say my love language is giving gifts...

Since obviously, I suck at voicing out what I think and feel. How else would I have gotten in this situation, not even having gotten to properly confess my feelings to Sawol after all this time?

... It's stupid, isn't it?

... Well, for a second there, it almost felt like I could already hear Sunghoon's voice scolding me. That punk. But then again, I gotta give it to him for taking care of me all this time, and letting me go when I can finally go out on my own.

And I ended up getting him in trouble with Yunjin, too, for going without telling her, haha... (sorry, Sunghoon).

But...

Well, I guess, just because that's my love language doesn't necessarily mean I would be the best at it.

Heck! Even with Dohyon here, I'm sure it won't be long before someone manages to give him a much better fiction novel or book lamp...

Not that that would make me jealous or anything...

But I guess it did make me upset that one time, when someone decided to be a better gift-giver to Sawol than I ever had before that time.

Of course, I knew it wouldn't take long before I'd have a rival, anyway. Sawol, after all, was a really charming person. But still!

.

.

.

Sunghoon suddenly burst out laughing behind me, all while I looked on in disgust at the chocolates and flowers left on Sawol's desk.

"Oh, you sneaky fox, whoever you are... You fearless dog!"

Haha, right! You know you're just jealous that you don't have the guts to do this for Sawol yourself!

All while I cursed out the mystery gift-giver who had left these things on Sawol's desk, I still couldn't help but scold myself as well because of those thoughts.

I mean, what right did I have anyway...

But to give her gifts like these on Valentine's Day?!

"Oh, man! Whoever did this definitely has much more guts than you'll ever have, huh, Jay?" Sunghoon teases me again after he had taken a break from laughing, and that honestly annoys me even more as he continues laughing again.

Meanwhile, I didn't even get to notice the two girls that were coming up from behind us. Maybe Sunghoon did, though, but at this point, he had already felt comfortable enough with me to tease me almost all the time, whether it was with my knowledge or not.

"What are you guys laughing about?" Yunjin's voice suddenly comes from behind me, and I flinch and turn around with wide eyes to see Yunjin and Sawol behind us... as expected.

"S-Sawol! I-it's not what you think! These aren't from me!" I quickly defended myself, just as Yunjin tilted her head and raised her brow at the gifts on Sawol's desk. On the other hand, Sawol just lifted her brows at me, before she noticed the gifts a second later, and for a moment, I noticed her freeze with her eyes still on her desk.

And then Yunjin decided to join in on the teasing.

"Oh, my! Jay! I didn't think you were the type to give these kinds of gifts to a girl!" Yunjin teased as she went around me to get a closer look, and I internally groaned before I reiterated what I just said.

"I told you, they're not from me! I don't even know when they got here!" I tried to defend myself to Yunjin this time, but as I glanced towards Sawol as I did, something in her eyes suddenly caught my attention...