Ch 2

(H)

Picture of Seth \o/ (except seth has black hair and very evident blue eyes)

---------------

It's exciting, in all honesty.

The echoes of my shoes tapping the marble floor as I walk down the polished brown hallways seemed to drive me into thinking that this was a dream, it didn't have an aura of reality.

Dreams don't necessarily risk my lifeㅡso it doesn't affect me. I can do whatever I want. For, after all, humans don't care as long as it doesn't harm them.

I'm currently heading to my dorm, where my characters and partner should be. The partners are someone we were on friendly terms with, someone we talk to a lot. You can't change partners, apparently. I have a good idea who mine is. My heart beat a little faster in every step, I readjusted the couple ring on my finger. He's someone who's ever only harmonized with my heart strings.

I felt sudden alarm from the impact of harshly bumping into someone, the sound of metal hitting solid when my ring fell out of my grasp. I bent down to retrieve the ring as I muttered apologies.

"WaitㅡThat voice..." The familiar tone of his caused my head to snap up. "...Helen?"

"Seㅡ..." The word ceased in my throat. "Seth?"

My heart melted when my eyes met with his sea blue ones, his black hair flipped to the side. I then realized his expression didn't match mine.

"NㅡNo way, you can't be Helen." He scoffed, then glancing down; seeing my ring. "Oh my god," he breathed. "You are Helen."

My heart dropped when he eyed me with a look of disapproval.

"Damn, you were right." He pinched the bridge of his nose as he leaned against the wall, running a hand through his hair in defeat. "You look a lot uglier in real life."

"...Seth?" I managed, my voice barely a squeak.

"Look here," he muttered, his breath blowing off my cheeks as he leaned in, trapping me with his arms that stood against the sides of my head. "I dated you purely because I thought you looked good, aight? So since there's no divorce option; this ring," he held up my ring, "holds no meaning."

I felt tears burn behind my eyes. "Is this a joke...?"

"Do you think I'm fucking joking, slut?" He scowled. He tossed my ring behind his shoulder, my hands barely managing to catch it with my knees so weak.

"I may or may not be back later," he called out.

My knees finally gave in, collapsing onto the ground.

I heard something that sounded like the ripping of guitar strings, but it came from somewhere in my soul.

Well, fuck.

What the hell is this?