Ch 1

(W) read author's note for explanation.

Picture of Helen. \o/

---------------

My fingers were stiff, having spent the last few hours mashing the z and x keys. The dungeon was almost over and my sitter was still calling me down for dinner.

"Helen! Come down, dinners been ready for the past half hour, its going to get cold!"

I heard her shriek from the kitchen, and sighed loudly as I finished the dungeon with an S rank. I stretched, cracking my sore neck and pulling at my fingers. I stood up, and went downstairs to eat whatever horrendous thing Hilda had managed to make.

* * * * * *

I walked out of the bathroom, a white towel wrapped around my thick black hair. It was around 10 and I had just showered. I wanted to get a bit more of Elsword but it was already late and I needed sleep, so I bid my friends goodbye.

I took the towel off my head, ruffling my hair to get the water droplets out, and changed into some comfy baby blue pajamas with snowmen on them. I yawned, covering my mouth as I snuggled into bed, and my eyes slowly closed, and I smiled a little, a thought running through my head as I drifted off to sleep.

If only Elsword was my reality.

* * * * * *

The sun crept through the windows, snaking past the pink curtains, and rudely invaded my vision as I opened my eyes. I shielded my face from the sunlight, my eyes burning a little. After a few seconds I looked over at my nightstand, checking the time. The digital clock read 12 PM, so that meant I had slept a good 12ish hours. I pulled the covers off me, turning over to the side, swinging my feet over the side of my bed and slipping my cold feet into fluffy slippers.

I stretched as I stood up, and walked over to my laptop in the bean bag chair in the corner. I grabbed it and made my way back to my bed, slipping into my bedsheets again, and opened my laptop, starting it up. I yawned lightly as it finished starting up, and i immediately clicked the Elsword start up. The client started up, with a few announcements of upcoming events. I closed my eyes for a bit, sleep still wearing off my system. I smiled at the thought of spending all day with my friends, and opened my eyes again.

My eyes widened at what lay before me. I wasn't in my bed anymore, I wasn't in my room anymore. Everything around me was completely white. Suddenly, blocks of color started to swirl around me, and a blue screen popped out infront of my eyes.

In big red letters, it read,

"System Error"

After that, everything went black and I felt myself slip away.

* * * * * *

System start, spawnpoint Velder city.

A monotone voice rang in my head, and then the events from earlier came back to me, and my head started to hurt.

I tried opening eyes, being succesful.

When my vision cleared, I was met with the blinding light of the sun.

Somewhere, I heard someone shriek, and wondered why, it was just the outside, although I dont know how I got here.

I stood up, and looked around, and realized why the person had shrieked.

This isn't my backyard, this isn't my house, this isn't earth.

I looked down, and my breathing became hasty. The grey paved ground lay under my feet, and my mind started to panic.

I'm...I'm in Velder?

An alarming thought rang through my head, but I dismissed it, because Velder is fictional and Elsword is a video game and this isn't real, this is just a dream.

Y-yeah, it's definitely a dream.

A laughed nervously, but my laughter was cut short by the sight that invaded my vision.

A blue screen similar to earlier popped up infront of me. This time however, the message wasn't in red letters, instead, it was white blocky letter and it read:

"Welcome to Elsword online, we wish you best luck on escaping!"

I wanted to scream, but my voice was trapped in my throat.

E-escape? Whats going on? W-what is this?

I panicked in my head, and suddenly a booming voice ran throughout the area, and that's when I realized the thousands of people around me.

"Welcome to Elsword Online. Today, you will begin your journey to achieve level 70 and earn 300 million ed. These are requirements to leave. You may be wondering what I mean by 'leave'. Currently, a virus invaded the system, and each and everyone of you is stuck here until you meet the requirements. Not only that, the gateway to reality opens every three years, so if you don't cut it by three years, you're stuck here for another three. You're stuck here until you meet the requirements. Currently your bodies are being transported to a private hospital owned by the game makers, being your bodies in reality are in a coma like state. Good luck on your journey, El search party."

The last bit of her speech sounded snide, and the whole ordeal of what was going on didn't hit me completely until a few seconds later.

I'm...stuck here?

---------------

Hey guys! I decided to collaborate with my bestie. We decided to take turns writing chapters, but we won't always be in order (wendy, helen, wendy, helen, etc.)

At the beginning of each chapter, I'll write (W) for Wendy or (H) for Helen! c:

For this chapter, since there is a (W) in the beginning, Wendy wrote this chappie!

Hope you enjoy!