Ch 12

(H)

---------------

Wendy and I were interrupted by an obnoxiously loud knock on the door, followed by a very demanding Justin.

"Aye! Get out here! Alex needs to talk about something."

I looked at Wendy with a confused expression, seeing if she has any suggestions as to the reason for the gathering to offer. She gave a limp shrug before we headed out.

* * * * * *

The very-over-enthusiastic Alex clapped his hands together, with a very stretched smile beaming on his face as he faced everyone infront of him. We were sitting in an arched formation, he was standing with a blackboard on wheels to accompany him.

"You guys must be wondering as to why I gathered you all on such short notice." Alex said.

"This better be good, I had to postpone my date with a rich chick with a big rack for this." Seth muttered, yet with no sign of frustration. He seemed rather amused. I confirmed that the kiss for the free icecream was simply for the hell of it.

"It's okay," Conor leaned his chin on Seth's head, since he was sitting behind Seth. Conor rested his arms on Seth's shoulders. "Since you have 7 other rich girls willingly waiting for you."

"Rich bitches," Bradley added. "They're the boring ones. Only good for the money."

"Anyway," Alex cut in loudly, shaking his head. "We need to discuss guild wars."

We all stared at him for a moment.

"Guild wars?" Justin repeated.

"Guild wars, also known as guild tournaments, take place in arenas. Participants start at Rank F, and slowly have to start progressing to Rank SSS. You receive rewards when you defeat the opposing team. The higher ranked the opposing team is, the more valuable the rewards you recieve. You also recieve EXP and ED along with the rewards, which will help you level faster."

Seth nodded his head in approvement, and I raised my eyebrows in nonchalance of the good rewards.

"...But what do we have to do with this?" Justin asked.

"Why do you think there's an 8 member requirement in this guild?" Alex asked rhetorically. "Since it's only required if you're gonna be participating in guild wars. Surprise, we're participating. And in order to train for it, we're gonna camp out near dungeons to level up and earn money in order to buy equiptment."

* * * * * *

It's only been 15 days.

15 damn days.

It's already like hell.

We ran out of food. It's cold and dark. We made it to Feita. We decided to take a break from dungeons, since we collected enough ED for equiptment and we found Camilla's training area. We're currently camping out in a nearby clearing in the forest. I slept in a tent with Wendy for the past few days.

I was cuddled up to Wendy, a blanket wrapped around us. My teeth were chattering, and the shivering from my body rattled my bones. The small candle-lit lamp enlightened the tent, flickering every so often. Seth, Bradley, Conor, and Justin were sent to fish at the beach.

Then suddenly, the candle gave a bright radiance before going out. I gasped quietly.

"It's okay," Wendy reassured when my grip on her hand tightened. "I'm here."

Alex peeked into the tent flaps.

"Hey Wendy, sorry to ask this; but can you go into the forest and fetch firewood? I already sent Nezu, but he's taking a while. I can't do it myself since I'm guarding the perimeter from anyone who plans on stealing our materials. The sun's starting to set, and it's gonna get darker soon. Darkness means coldness, which is unfortunate."