Elrios Games Ch 22

...26 minutes.

26 minutes until we enter the arena.

I skillfully dodged Jessica's electrical ball.

I jumped to avoid Karina's bat.

"Ah!" I fell onto the ground with Jessica patting her hands distinctively.

She used invisibility cloak to sneak up on me.

Jessica's the strongest in the group-She's the oldest, and I'm right behind Jessica.

It's simple to defeat Karina and Olivia but I've never claimed victory whenever I spar with Jessica.

"Let's take a rest and gather some mana before we enter the arena." Jessica suggested.

I raised my right hand stretched above my head and used inducing nature- which helps me gather mana much faster. Karina and Olivia gather mana with their staffs, but Jessica is unable to gather mana like us, but her mana gathers quickly on its own.

The boys are sparring on their own in a different area in the forest.

In a blink of an eye, I was no longer on the field of dirt and was infront of the sincerely smiling Ariel. Karina, Jessica, and Olivia were standing next to me on the left.

The boys appeared to the right of me. Kevin was next to me.

"Good morning, my dear tributes." Ariel started off. "I have summoned you to say that you have to be confident. Don't worry too much." Olivia and Karina were sniffling, meanwhile my eyes stung with tears.

"You may not... Be able to return to your homes." Ariel's voice cracked. "So let's join hands." Ugh, so I have to hold Kevin's hand?

...Kevin reached out his hand toward mine. Everyone else already joined hands and were waiting on me. What am I, 7? A 14 year old should be able to handle this.

So I hesitated but extended my arm and held Kevin's warm hand.

"Okay. I'm routing for you guys! Go team New Jersey!" Ariel exclaimed happily. We threw our joined hands above our heads.