Elrios Games Ch 27

Liar? Who's a liar? My head whipped around to find Kevin. Ugh. Him again. Always him.

I reflectivly wiped the tears from my cheek with my right hand and glared at him.

"Why are you here?" I made sure to say in a loud, clear voice.

"I knew you were going to cry." Kevin leaned against a tree. Since when did this guy start to know me so well?

"So?" I couldn't think of anything else to say.

"I came to comfort you." He was so straightfoward.

"Well I don't need comfort, so go away." I rejected him bluntly, and turned my back to him.

"You need comfort. Because you know you like Ryan." He said it as if it hurt him. Why?

"You say that as if you care." I retorted.

"I do care." I heard Kevin starting to walk closer to me.

"And for what reason?" I angled my head to look at him, but with my back still to him.

Kevin leaned in toward me. I felt his warm, minty breath on my neck.

"You're supposed to be falling for me, not him." He said through gritted teeth. My heart was beating quickly.

I turned around sharply and faced him.

"And I'd never fall for someone like you anyway. So I wouldn't waste my time trying." I glared to send the message that I was serious.

"But I would."

"And why would you do that?"

"You sparked my interest." Kevin leaned his head closer to mine. I gripped my bow, ready to smack Kevin on the head with the weapon and make a run for it. But...

"Guys..." Karina appeared from behind a bush.

She didn't sound right. She sounded sick.

She sounded like she was on the verge of death.

I pushed Kevin away and ran to Karina.

"Karina?!" I cried. Karina collapsed infront of me, and I swiftly caught her. No, no, no... "Karina!!"

No response.

"KARINAAA!!" I cried, my voice echoing through the forest's night air.