Ch 13

(H)

---------------
> WENDY'S POINT OF VIEW

Where are the damn firewood in this place. I only found 3 large pieces. I need to hurry up and get back to Helen. She must be terrified, especially since her traumatic memories willㅡ

My thoughts were interrupted by a loud shriek. I jumped, the hair on the back of my neck rising. There's a girl? A red flag slowly appearing in my mind. She might be an enemy, maybe Alex is defending our camp.

I need to help.

I quickly tightened my grip on the logs and ran towards the source of the sound. The high pitched sound continued to ring through the air. It became louder and louder.

I accidently ran past the loudest point of the sound, then ran back. The girl should be right here, where is she?

I looked around furiously. Where's the girl? Where's Alex?

I looked up when a twig snapped and tapped my head. There was the sourceㅡwhom, indeed, was not a girl.

"Nezu?" I asked incredulously at the teenage male holding all his dear life onto the tree. "What are you doing?"

"WENDY!" He exclaimed as he jumped down onto me with no warning. I tumbled backwards with a small "oomph".

I stood back up and brushed off the dead autumn leaves which crunched when they cushioned my fall. I nearly almost once more fell on my face when something plummeted into my side, clutching at me.

"WENDY. PRAISE THE LORD AND SAVIOR THAT YOU'RE HERE. I WAS SO SCARED. THERE WAS A MONSTER AT THE CAMP."

"A monster?" I felt alarmed.

"THE MONSTER ATTACKED HELEN. SHE SCREAMED."

"Attacked her?" My voice became more frantic, I need to leave and check on her. Now.

"SETH WAS BRAVE ENOUGH TO CHECK OUT THE TENT. BLESS HIM. I'M AN ATHIEST BUT I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT OF GOD. JESUS HAS TAKEN THE WHEEL."

Wait a second.

"Did you ever see the monster?" The skepticism I feel became evident in my voice.

"....no."

I sighed with relief, my muscles relieved of tension. "Then how do you know there was a monster?"

"Because Helen screamed!"

She screamed... oh, fuck. The memories.

"But weirdly," he said thoughtfully. "After seth went in, she didn't scream. I think he got rid of the monster."

That shitstain can be useful, sometimes.

* * * * * * *

I don't know how it came to this.

I was dragging my feet to the way to the tents, with Nezu in my arms bridal style. He was going on about how scared he was, and wouldn't let go of me. He keeps cudding his head into my chest. Fucking pervert. Damn, I'm almost there...

---------------

> HELEN'S POINT OF VIEW

I slowly arose to a feeling of a leg resting itself on my hips.

I looked down to see the offender was an innocent, sleeping Seth. He's so much cuter while he's sleeping. Probably because he can't be a butthole with shit continuously coming out of his mouth.

But he was really nice, earlier. I sincerely owe him thanks for staying with me without questioning.

"Helen..." I was taken aback.

"Yes, Seth?" I whispered.

"Turtles are humping the monkeys..." He then chuckled to himself, throwing his arm over his head. His stomach was showing. Goddamn, those abs and v lines.

But so cute wow.

"Shoot the shells," he muttered slightly louder. "No, you have to use your pinky... no, that's the ring finger... I already claimed that... don't let him take it..."

Oh.

He then mumbled undetectable words to himself, drifting back to his previous state of serenity.

I giggled.

What a fucking weirdo.

I heard a rustle outside, then quietly took the blankets off of me and headed outside.

"Helen?"

"Wendy? And..." I squinted to see the one in Wendy's arms to see if my vision was cheating me. "Nezu?"

"You're awake, morning." Justin said. "We awoke a while ago because we heard a scream coming from the forest. What made you scream so loud, Wendy?" He scoffed.

"It wasn't me." Wendy stated blankly. She then gestured towards the one in her arms.

Justin met Nezu's eyes and then Wendy's. Bradley and Alex came over, following Justin's gaze. Bradley raised his eyebrows at Wendy, and she nodded. I jumped when their laughter erupted in unison. It took a few minutes for the laughter to die down, the boys wiping tears from their eyes.

"Huh?" I heard a low groan from behind me. "What's going on...?" Seth shuffled his feet towards us. His hair was sticking out in every direction, one of the legs of his sweatpants was folded up whilst the other was still down.

"Pfft," Bradley resisted. Then the laughter from them came even louder than before. Wendy and I laughed, too.

"Shhh," I attempted to hiss, still laughing. "Conor's still sleeping."

"What? Why are you all laughing?" Seth looked at us with bewilderment. He reached up a hand to his head, and with a realization, he managed an "ah" with another nonchalant yawn.

"Alright, Wendy." I wrapped one of Seth's arms around my shoulder to support him. He seemed tipsy. "You sleep with Nezu, I'll sleep with Seth. He's warmer than you." I sneered playfully.

"Alright," Alex yawned. "Good night, guys. See ya in a few hours."

"Good night." Everyone replied as we all disappeared into the tents.