Elrios Games Ch 25

Rustle rustle!

My head snapped to the movement in the tree. An intruder?!

I defensively stretched my arms infront of Karina, Jessica, Ryan, and Olivia with my back turned from them and facing the tree. The movement of my heart quickened, and even the birds hushed the other animals.

Dokun, dokun, dokun... My heart sped up rapidly. I felt a drip of sweat drizzle down the side of my face, I didn't know if it was because of the hot glaring sun or if I was just nervous.

My heart went out of control when black and white figures jumped out of the tree. I snatched my arrows and bow.

I extended my right elbow behind me. An archer's attack position.

The black and white figures started to move toward us.

I closed my eyes tightly. When I opened them I noticed the black and white figures have ceased.

Kevin threw his hands up.

"Woah, calm your shit Grand Archer." Kevin raised his eyebrows. "It's just us." When did he leave? I swear he was there... Well I tried to avoid eye contact... So he probably escaped easily...

I threw my bow back to the ground and glared at Kevin. My eyes were dragged back to Cody.

"Where were you?"

"Why would I have to tell you? Are you our 'leader' now?" Cody retorted. "I was finishing off team Texas."

I crossed my arms. "Were you successful?"

"Somewhat. I was only able to get one of them." Cody shrugged. I threw my head into my palms.

"Then those other two cannon shots?.." I trailed off.

"I brought the survivors of team California down. California's eliminated." Kevin noted. I nodded satisfied.

"We made a lot of progress today. Bringing two teams down." I said.

" Two? I said I was only able to get one of them. Are you deaf?" Cody asked, obviously a derogatory statement.

"I brought team Florida down too, you dimbob." I glared. Everyone was staring at me now.

"By yourself? But you just went after them today?!" Jessica's face expression turned into a... shocked one. Was I not supposed to kill them alone?

"Uh... yeah, they weren't that hard to kill." I reluctantly said.

"Uh, yeah they were." Karina added from her side of the camp. She teleported to us.

"One night Jessica, Cody, and I went to kill them at night." Cody, they had Cody. Why didn't he finish them off?

"Then you guys should have let Cody fight them." I said.

"We did," Karina said in a way that sounded like making Cody fight was the most obvious thing to do. "Jessica had to help. A lot. So did I. But they were really tough. In the end we weren't able to get a single one of them."

"Uh..." I started to think about what I should say and which words to choose, making sure not the brag. "They... weren't that..." I cleared my throat."Let's just forget this subject??" I suggested.

"Oh, dinner's ready!~~" Olivia didn't have to repeat herself.

"Race ya there!!" Ryan started to run ahead of us.

"You little!!--" Linh yelled after Ryan. We all laughed. Who knew staring death straight in the eyes was so fun.