No Longer Human

Receiving a text message, the ginger took a glance at it before standing up with a sigh and walking to the door. The brunette watched as Chuuya opened the door for a white haired. Dazai immediately looked away when their eyes met. 

Ace's eyes narrowed as he pulled his attention away to face the ginger who was speaking to the guards outside before he closed the door, asking, "What brings you here, Ace?" The ginger has to admit that he has seen Ace very often these days.

"Just checking on you and Dazai-dono. Kouyou-dono said you two needed a break after all."

Chuuya nodded, making his way back to the couch as the white haired followed. The brunette ignored both of them, resuming his intriguing documentary. Ace smiled as he asked, "Though I am curious...Did Dazai-kun tell you who did this to him?" 

The ginger shook his head, "Don't want to talk about it."

However, Chuuya then turned to the brunette, testing the waters, he had assumed that the brunette didn't want to talk about it but now that Ace brought it up, he decided to ask.

"Dazai, got anything to say?" 

The brunette, who had overheard the conversation from the start, shrugged, eyes still glued to the television.

"See? We shouldn't talk about it." Chuuya shrugged as well and looked at what the brunette was watching too. Ace smiled at that, the ginger found it weird how it wasn't in a comforting way. The white haired rested a hand on the brunette's shoulder as he chuckled, "Well, if he ever does tell you, I'll help you whenever you need." 

The ginger thanked the other but eyes widened when the brunette squeezed to his side, putting distance between Ace and him. Chuuya raised a brow before glancing at Ace who mirrored his expression. The brunette was still somehow oblivious to the pressure beside him as the ginger smiled, "Probably from what happened." He laughed it off as Ace nodded, meeting Dazai's eyes as his own narrowed.

Chuuya sighed, "Well, when he's ready to tell me, he'll tell me. I won't rush him." The ginger smiled as the brunette interlocked their arms silently. He chuckled, "Seems like Dazai agrees."

The white haired suggested, "Boss, why don't you take a break?"

The ginger raised a brow, "What? How?" He asked in disbelief. 

"Kouyou-dono and I can take over for a week. Have a well-needed rest."

Chuuya hummed, clearly tempted at the suggestion as his mouth parted to agree but Dazai yanked his arm, "Don't." The brunette warned, eyes finally looking at the other's. The ginger's eye narrowed, "You don't want me to take a break?" He joked as he laughed.

"Boss is right. You should let your partner rest you know. Even he needs a break."

The brunette scoffed, "You have no say in this."

Ace frowned before putting up a smile, "Whatever Boss wants."

The ginger seemed confused at Dazai's and Ace's behaviour as he asked, "Is there something wrong with leaving the mafia to Ace and Ane-san?"

The white haired watched carefully as he saw the brunette sake his head hastily, "I don't trust them in taking care of the mafia."

"They're both two of my loyal executives. I'm sure Ane-san will keep Ace in check too..." The ginger rambled off, mumbling the last part as he didn't quite trust Ace to take of the mafia but with Kouyou, everything should be fine.

"You can't!" The brunette tried convincing the other as Chuuya sighed and nodded.

"Sorry Ace, I don't think I'll be having a break." The ginger chuckled. He didn't really mind, Chuuya would most likely get too restless and he'll end up going back to work after an hour.

The white haired dared to ask further as he chuckled as he asked, "I wonder why Dazai-dono doesn't like me very much." 

The ginger shrugged and hummed, "Probably because your subordinate was Kaito."

"I do assure you that I'm not like him though."

The ginger nodded, "I'm sure." He glanced to the brunette who mouthed out what seemed to be like, "Fruit doesn't fall far from the tree."

Chuuya, growing suspicious, eyed the white haired and asked, "You wouldn't happen to know what Kaito was doing from the start do you?"

Ace, sensing the other getting skeptical, shook his head slowly before coughing into his arm for a few seconds.

"Excuse me, dry throat."

The ginger, being a kind person by nature, nodded, "I'll get you some water."

Ace thanked the other as he watched the ginger make his way to the kitchen, back facing the couch. The white haired immediately narrowed his eyes as he lowered hismelf to the bruentte's level, whispering so that the ginger couldn't hear.

"Listen here you brat, don't try anything funny. Even better, don't get in my way, go ask Nakhara to take a break. He must need it." 

The brunette side glanced at Ace before nodding silently. Ace smiled as he patted Dazai on the shoulder quite roughly. However, his eyes widened in shock as he took a few steps back when he saw the ginger looking at him coldly.

"I knew something was up." The ginger started, approaching the couch.

"Dazai, what did he say to you?" The ginger asked, leaning on the back of the couch to look at the brunette who smartly replied, "He was asking me about how I was."

Chuuya raised a brow as the brunette shook his head, "He actually..."

However, before the brunette could continue, Ace body slammed Chuuya to the side, fishing out a collar from his pocket and clicking it in place on Dazai's neck. The ginger clicked his tongue, hand shooting out to enable his ability.

But Ace exclaimed, "Don't try anything. A flick of my fingers and he's turning to jewels."

The ginger bit his lip as he slowly approached the brunette but Ace pulled the brunette up from the couch and glared at the other.

"Stay back."

The brunette stared blankly as if mocking the whole situation.

Ace noticed it and his grip on the other's shoulder tightened.

"Change of mind. Turning you into jewels seems better. I'm sure you'll give me some exquisite ones since you still have a lfie span."

The ginger cursed as he started thinking of a plan to try to knock Ace out but it was too late, as the white haired flicked his fingers.