Improvement

The ginger slouched in his seat as he glanced  at everyone in the room before proceeding to say, "You're all dismissed."

Everyone left except the brunette and pink haired woman who was looking at the other eagerly.

The ginger hummed before turning to the other, "I like what you did? Maybe try using something else other than precious documents next time."

Dazai silently nodded, apologising softly to the Ginger's whose smile grew bigger. "See Ane-san. He can defend himself."

Kouyou chuckled, "It seems so." She turned her attention to the brunette, "Lad, you know any combat?"

The brunette seems to think about it before nodding.

Chuuya's eyes widened, "You do?"

"My father was a gang member when he was younger, he taught me a few tricks."

Kouyou was speechless, "Didn't you say your father was a lawyer?" 

The brunette nodded before adding on, "His studies payed off I guess."

The Ginger's eyes narrowed, "Pay no mind to that subordinate's words."

The pink haired woman nodded along, "People like him always make me wonder what's in their mind."

Dazai merely sighed along before nodding. Chuuya gave a side glance to Kouyou who also seems to catch it. The brunette had finally made an emotion in front of them.

Chuuya stood up rather abruptly, "Well, let's wrap everything up. You can leave Ane-san."

The pink hair nodded before bidding goodbye to the duo left in the room.

"Why..." the brunette started, making the ginger glanced at him, raising a brow.

"Why what?"

Dazai shifted his gaze before continuing, "Why do you call her ane-san?" His voice soft and hesitant as if afraid of offending the ginger.

Chuuya, however, was happy that brunette finally asked him something. His right hand man was always so silent and the ginger loved talking so it wasn't really pleasant with the awkward silence.

"I treat Kouyou as an older sister. I was under her win before I became boss."

The brunette nodded as he straightened out the crumpled sheets of paper in the file.

"Boss..." 

The ginger held in is laughter. The brunette was really hesitant about talking to him, it was annoying at most but the ginger hummed, letting the other know he was listening as they both walked through the mafia hallways.

"Want me to get you dinner?" 

Chuuya stopped in his tracks, turning to face the other.

Chuckling, the ginger waved at one of the passing guards and the said guard approached immediately, greeting both of them. Chuuya grabbed the files from the brunette and passed to the guard. "Mind delivering this to Ozaki?" The guard nodded eagerly, happy to have a change of routine as he bowed before hastily leaving. 

Dazai looked in confusion as Chuuya tuned back to him. "You're meant to ask, 'Boss, want to get dinner together.' You're funny." The ginger rested his hands on the brunette's shoulder, steering him around and walking beside him.

The ginger was always nice to his members and workers. Knowing most by name and having mercy when they made a mistake. Chuuya knew the brunette yet to trust him so it's his job to make the brunette more comfortable in working in the mafia.

However, he could not help but think back to that foolish subordinates words. 

He had given Dazai the choice on whether he'll like to work as his right hand man with quite a high pay or to work at the clubs and brothels he own which give a more frequent pay. The brunette obviously rejected it and was alright with working as his right hand man. 

What that subordinate said was sadly the truth. Most people with huge debts on their back start to get desperate after a month, a year at most. They'll end up selling their bodies clubs, usually owned by mafia's or other illegal's gangs. It was painful and humiliating but it was easy money. 

Most people who had debts with Chuuya usually ended up like that but their debt was definitely paid faster than before. The ginger did reduce some of their debts if they worked at his brothels and clubs so some were already free men but Chuuya kept tags on them anyways just in case.

He still wondered why Dazai's parents were so desperate in loaning money from the port mafia, a big sum as well when they had high paid jobs.

The brunette glanced at his boss who had a slight frown on his face. Dazai didn't want to anger the ginger so that's why he kept quiet. He found it strange why Chuuya was so kind to him but when he noticed and observed his behaviour, he was like that to everyone. 

Dazai nudged the other gently as the ginger seemed to snap out of his thoughts, smiling at him instead of frowning. 

"Sorry, was thinking about something."

The brunette nodded. He was currently contemplating on whether to be more comfortable around the ginger or not. It could either be welcomed in open hands or be a death door.

He just chose the most basic solution. To ask.

"Boss, why  are you so kind to me?"

The Ginger was shocked, none of his workers ever asked him that.  He struggled to explain as the brunette snickered at the other silently. 

"I just find working with people easier if I get to know them better." The ginger came up with that and decided on waiting for the brunette's reply which was a blunt answer. "I see."

"Well, thanks for being kind to a nobody to me."

The ginger chuckled, "You're not a nobody, you're my right hand man. And you're welcome. You're funny."

The brunette nodded, hearing the same comment the ginger gave him a few minutes earlier.