chapter 2

Grains pov:

I jerked up as my eyes shot open. My breathing was heavy, my insides were cold, and I was drenched in sweat. My hands reached to my ears to feel they were completely fine. I heard a knock on the door and got up. “Be right there!” I shouted as I got changed into new clothes. I opened the door to find Gem standing with red puffy eyes “Gem?! What's wrong?” she walked into my arms. “I was worried about you…” I sighed and rubbed her back. “Hey… it’s okay, I'm okay.” I gave her a soft smile and she returned it with a weak grimace. My smile immediately faded when I saw a purple eye open behind her. A spear shot out the pupil heading straight for Gem. I shoved her out the way causing the spear to pierce me in the stomach. The eye closed and disappeared into thin air. I collapsed to the floor.
I screamed out in pain and the pain triggered me to turn into my watcher form. Geml’s eyes widened and she dragged me into the house. She slammed the door shut and looked back at me, her eyes still wide with confusion and shock. I groaned as I sat up. “Y-your a watcher?” I looked to the ground, ashamed. She walked up to me. The top of her head reached up to my shoulder in my watcher form. Her hand grazed the spear and I winced. “Before anything we should take care of this… is there anyone else that knows about this.” I thought for a moment. “Ren knows..” she nodded and pulled out her communicator. She messaged Ren something but I was in too much pain to bother to try and read what it said. While we waited for him to get here she grabbed the first aid kit from my bathroom and headed back. Ren burst through the door and his eyes widened at the sight of me.
He first noticed I was in my watcher form and then his gaze drifted to the giant spear in me. “Oh god! Grian!” he rushed to my side. I groaned in pain. “Just get it out.” Ren nodded and turned to Gem. “I’m gonna pull it out and lay him down on some cloth. When I do that I want you to take this” he paused and took off his jacket to hand it to Gem. “And press it against the wound till it stops bleeding.” she nodded and Ren took a hold of the spear. I winced. Ren sighed. “I'm gonna count to three and I want you to breathe as I count. I nodded and he shoved a rolled up cloth in my mouth. “1 breathe in… 2 breathe out.... 3 breathe in… breathe out.” my breath hitched as he used every bit of strength he had toyank out the spear and I laid down. I bit down on the cloth and my scream, even though muffled, pierced the air. My wings flailed around as Gem pressed on my wound. Tears started to stream down my face. Eventually I managed to calm down and let them clean it now that the bleeding had stopped.
Gem wrapped my torso in bandages that were unnecessarily tight in my opinion. We heard a knock on the door. I panicked and Gem quickly tossed a sheet over me. “Hello, I heard a really loud screech. Is everything okay?!” It was Scar?! You're kidding. Ren opened the door. “Ren? What are you doing at Grian's base?” Gem showed up behind Ren and Scar seemed even more confused. “We were here to… prank grian! Yeah!” Scar frowned. “Do you know where he is? I wanna talk to him…” I could hear the pain in his voice and it broke me. Scar soon left and we all breathed a sigh of relief. I slipped the sheet off me. I closed my eyes and returned to my normal form. Gem smiled. “That's better, back to being short” I rolled my eyes and got up.

Word count:678
Grian x suffering, fav ship. Hope you enjoyed this chapter, next one will have a lot of fluff!