chapter 4

Grian’s pov:

Scar’s hands were cold to the touch yet I felt so warm and safe. When I left his embrace I figured I should probably put on a shirt I slipped my shirt on. “Umm, scar? Could you zip up the back, I don't wanna risk opening the wound again” Scar nodded and I turned around. I lifted my wings so they weren’t in the way. (for those who don’t understand, there are two holes in his sweater for his wings but that have zippers that go down so he can just slip it over) Scar zipped it up, making sure he didn’t catch skin. “How did this even happen?” I thought for a moment for an excuse. “When I was walking through the forest a sharp branch fell on me.” Scar frowned and sat next to me. We sat there in awkward silence for a while. I turned my head to him to say something but froze. My face flushed a bright red as I processed how close we were. Scar was unfazed by it. Cub cleared his throat. “Am I interrupting something?” I quickly shook my head and looked away.
“Scar, impulse needs your opinion on something in scarland” Scar nodded and got up. “By Grian!” I smiled and waved. Cub cocked an eyebrow. “Scar huh?” I looked at him confused till I realized what he meant. “Hey!” my face flushed a bright red. “It’s not like that!”He smirked. “Your face says otherwise” I rolled my eyes. “You're a jerk” he laughed and grabbed a roll of bandages. “Okay, you're free to go, just make sure you change your bandages after every shower.” I nodded and got up to leave. I thought about what Cub had said. Sure he and Scar are really close with each other but romantic feelings? There was no way right? No, he refused to let himself think like this. Anyone who gets too close gets hurt. The watchers were already after Scar once. They didn’t need to be after him again.
A few hours later I got a message from Gem. “Grian, where are you?! It's an emergency. Ren’s place right now!” I got an uneasy feeling as I rushed to Ren’s base. When I got there no one was there but you could tell there was a struggle. “Hello?” a door opened. My eyes widened. Gem walked into the room with pure terror on her face. She didn’t say a word to me and brought me straight to the other room. Ren was struggling to get out of a watcher cage. When he saw me he stopped. “Grian! They took Scar!” The blood left my face and my skin went ice cold. I could feel myself morphing. The watcher magic healed my wound immediately. The room glowed a bright purple. Xisuma walked in and froze his eyes as wide with shock as mine were with anger. He quickly kneeled down. “Xuela?!” I cocked my eyebrow. “How do you know that name?!” his eyes widened even more.
He recognized my voice. “GRIAN?!” I smiled awkwardly before snapping back into reality. I brushed past him and put my hands out. I closed my eyes and began opening a portal. Xisuma spoke again. “Wait! Where are you going?!” I ignored his question as I finished opening the portal. Once it was finished I turned to Xisuma. “The capitol…” My words were sharp and cold. I walked through the portal, it shutting behind me. I took off my mask since the light didn’t bother watchers here. A shiver ran down my spine as my eyes observed the all too familiar place. Many student watchers were flying around. Some held books that reached all the up to their face while others used magic to levitate them. As I looked around at everything that had changed since I'd last been here, I felt someone bump into my back.
I turned around to see a small female watcher on the ground rubbing her head. She had to be around Gems age. I crouched down and picked up her books. She looked up at me in shock. I smiled and closed my eyes. I chanted a small spell. The books left my hands and floated around her. “Please watch where you're going next time.” she nodded, still stunned. “What’s your name, small one?” she hesitated before standing up and bowing. “Pearlescent moon but you can just call me pearl.” her wings fluttered slightly. “I’m a fourth year student.” my smile faded. That means next year she would have to learn the cruel truth about watchers. I sighed and forced a smile. My hand reached out and ruffled her hair. “Keep a pure heart.” she nodded.
I refocused my attention away from her and back on saving Scar. the capitol wasn’t far as it was in the center. I hesitated at the door. No! I’m stronger now. I won’t be afraid anymore. I barged through the doors. Scar scowled as I entered the room. “Give him back before I show this school the power of a true god…” his eyes widened as he recognized my voice. “Grian?!” the head watcher, Xedinar, smiled and cocked an eyebrow. “You didn’t tell him what you are?” Scar looked confused and turned towards me again. “Grian, what is he talking about?” I ignored his question. “You mean the monster you turned me into?” Xedinar snarled at the comment. “You mean how you tortured and brainwashed me into feeding off mortal energy? You mean how you forced the ones I love into a bloody shit show just to be petty?“ I could feel my rage take over me, I didn't think before I spoke my next sentence. “You mean how you kidnapped the LOVE OF MY LIFE JUST TO GET ME BACK IN THIS HELL?!”
I was fuming with anger. All I could focus on was Xedinar. I didn’t notice pearl peeking through the door and Scar having an internal battle within himself on whether to be upset, scared or flustered.I raised my hand and chanted a spell. Several watcher spears appeared and all pointed towards Xedinar’s neck. “Give. Him. Back. NOW!” Xedinar quickly complied and teleported Scar next to me. The spears fell to the ground and I opened up a portal beneath us. Me and Scar fell through, landing back at Ren’s base. I morphed back to normal

Word count:1066
“You mean how you kidnapped the LOVE OF MY LIFE JUST TO GET ME BACK IN THIS HELL?!”  that's a little gae grian 🤔