chapter 12

(Some angst for you :)
Scars pov:

The walk was long and hot. It was mid-summer and we were currently walking through the desert. Grian was sat atop a lamma while I'd been pulling along with a lead. He protested multiple times telling me I didn't need to carry him on the lamma. I told him it was fine. Turning around to check on Grian I noticed he was uncomfortable. "You alright love?" He refocused his attention towards me. "Yes just... memories" I glanced around and recognized what he meant.

The hot sun beating down on us, the grainy and rough sand beneath us, the lamma, and the hills that scattered the desert. Just like 3rd life. "Oh... hey, past is past right? Besides I'm still here." He looked away. I stopped and helped him off the lamma. "I had hope this would bring good memories..." I led him up a large mountin of sand where a tall home could be seen. An exact replica of our home in 3rd life. He stopped, unsure if he wanted to get any closer.

I gripped his hand. "We don't have to go in if you don't want to" He shook his head. "No. I want to" he squeezed my hand and led me in. We set out stuff down near the bed and I took him outside. A ring of cacti was placed behind the house. The sun starting to hit horizon. I could feel his blood run cold as I led him into the center. "Scar?" I smiled and placed his hands on my shoulders before resting my hands on his waist. I moved to the right, then back, left, forward, and right again, repeating a square pattern. He followed my lead. We danced in silence as dusk crept away and stars burned in the sky.

Grian'pov:

His body heat warmed my very being as the coold breeze from the moon flew by. Our chests never as close as our hearts. His soft breathing drowned out the horrid memories the threatened to flood my mind. I lifted my head from his chest and stared into his eyes. Red? Scars eyes aren't red. And his skin. My gaze looked over his bare chest. His skin was a cold dead grey. And painted bloody red.

My hands were gripped around his throat. Covered in blood that wasn't my own. My wings fell. "Oh god..." He smiled up at me. "I... love you" and with that he breathed his final breath. Something shook me out of that nightmare. I looked up to see Scar sitting in front of me. "Grian! Don't move" it was just a hallucination? But why can't I move. I ignored his warning and instantly regretted it. My wings stung with pain as thousands of cactus needles pierced them

"Stop, you'll just get them more tangled. Relax" His commanding voice forced me to relax instantly. He carefully untangled my wings from he cacti, wincing everytime I did. Once I was free he led me into the house and sat me down on the bed. He carefully removed the rest of the cacti needles, an occasional "ow" when one pricked him. Once they were all gone he started giving my wings a very needed preen, being careful of sensitive spots.

I had made sure to properly teach him before letting him preen me but that was months ago and it was practically muscle memory by now. Time flew by and j started to drift to sleep. I forced myself to stay awake but once Scar was done I leaned back into his arms and quickly fell asleep.

Scar's pov:

Grian leaned back into my arms and not lond after a soft snore could be heard. I smiled and kissed his forehead before laying him down. I layer down next to him, cradling him in my arms, and drifted to sleep myself. 'What a way to started your one year anniversary' I thought to myself before finally falling asleep.