chapter 3

No ones pov:

Scar and Grian hadn’t talked to each other for the next week. Either Scar or Grian was busy. Grain felt guilty and Scar wanted answers. Eventually Ren and Gem were tired of seeing them catch each other staring at the other and then looking away embarrassed. Gem pulled out her communicator and clicked on grian. “Hey grian, can you meet me at the cafe in scarland” Ren asked to meet up with scar at the cafe as well. They both agreed, unknowing that they had been set up. Grian figured she wanted to talk about him being a watcher.. He changed into a simple red sweater and black jeans. Scar on the other hand thought ren wanted a serious meeting about the butter cups and doc. He changed into a white dress shirt with a brown corset and slipped on the tight brown pants. He looked in the mirror and cringed. “Too formal” he ruffled his hair and it returned to his natural fluffy state.
A smile returned to his face. Grian got there a few minutes early while Scar was 5 minutes late. Grian entered the private room Gem told him she rented. “Coincidentally” Ren told Scar to meet in the same room. Grian was tilted back in his chair and tossed  a small ball into the air while waiting for Gem. Scar opened the door and froze as his eyes met Grian’s. They looked at each other in shock. Grian lost his balance and fell back in his chair. “Ack!” Scar rushed over to his side and helped him up. Grian got back on his feet and breathed a sigh of relief. Their breath quickly hitched as he and Scar realized how close their faces were. Both of their faces flushed a bright red. Grian cleared his throat and took a step back. They both looked away, avoiding eye contact. Grian spoke up.
“Listen Scar… I’m sorry but please hear me out.” Scar immediately nodded. He hated not hanging out with Grian. Grian took a deep breath. “ I can’t tell you why otherwise that defeats the purpose but I swear me and BigB had nothing romantic going on. I did it to protect you. I know it’s no excuse for hurting you the way I did but-” Scar cut him off with a big hug. I could feel his tears drip from his chin onto my head. I hugged him back and buried my face into his chest. His cracked voice spoke. “I’m sorry I didn't let you explain…” Grian shook his head. “I’m just glad you forgive me.” Scar squeezed Grian tight, making him wince. Scar immediately let go and looked at him concerned. “Grian? Are you okay?” Grian grabbed his stomach and crouched down in pain. He removed his hand to see blood on it.
His wound had reopened. Scars eyes widened. “Grian?!” Scar scooped him up and rushed out the door. He ran as fast as he could to Cub’s base. “CUB!” Cub turned around shocked to see Scar running at him carrying a wounded Grian. “Scar?! What happened to grian?!” Scar ignored his question and dragged Cub into his base with him. Scar set him on a bed ignoring Cub’s constant questions. “Please help him! He started bleeding around his stomach area and I don't know why!” Grian was out cold. Cub nodded and slightly moved Scar out the way. He slipped Grian’s shirt off, careful of his wings, to see what he was working with. His torso was wrapped in bandages. The middle was stained red from fresh blood. Cub removed them, shocked at what he saw. “What in the world could’ve done that to him?!” He quickly got to work on retreating and bandaging the wound. After a bit he was finished. He called Scar in once Grian woke up. Scar carefully hugged him this time, neither caring that Grian was shirtless. Cub left for his office to figure out what the heck could’ve done that to Grian.

Word count:669
You have received a Scar bear hug :)