Chapter 8

No one’s pov

Everyone stood in their positions and waited. The watchers were going to be here any minute. Everyone was in enchanted netherite armor and had enchanted weapons. Bows, swords, axes, and crossbows. This would be a horrible war. A giant portal opened up in the sky, a large tear in space and time itself. “Hold your ground everyone. make sure to stick together!” Ren said. he was leading them. Scar stood in position, a boiling anger fuming inside him. The watchers came out the portal. There were about 80 in total, double of what the hermits had. “Prepare yourselves!” Ren commanded. The watchers came down as one stepped forward. It was Xedinar. “Oh, would you look at that? Xuela left his little pets~ a sad attempt at protecting you all.” He smiled an eerie grin.
One thing watchers didn't expect was for the hermits to know all their tricks, thanks to BigB. Both sides fought ferociously. A watcher appeared behind Scar. It was a poor choice. Scar was in extreme rage. He had become a watcher killing machine and had already killed 10 watchers on his own. He quickly spun around and pulled out his bow. Notching an arrow back, he shot the watchers mask. It broke and fell on the floor. A loud screech could be heard as the new light hit the watcher's eyes. Scar took this opportunity to use some slime blocks to jump up and pierce the watchers head. It fell to the ground as Scar hopped off. Without any hesitation he moved on to his next target. He went from watcher to watcher ruthlessly. 12 watchers had been killed by Scar himself.
Meanwhile with the others they were teaming up in groups of four and working to take down watchers. Scott morphed back and forth between a bat to evade and attack a watcher. Jimmy stood and watched him in awe. Scott smiled down at jimmy. “like what you see birdy?” heat almost instantly rose to his face. Scott’s eyes widened. “JIMMY, WATCH OUT!” But Jimmy was too late. A giant hand slammed into him, making him go flying into a building. Scott. Seeing this lost focus. “jimmy!” The watcher he was fighting took advantage of this and smacked Scott into the same building. Gem saw this and ran at full speed, ramming into him. He tipped over but kicked Gem in the process. One of Gem’s antlers snapped off. Pearl saw this and lost it. She opened a portal and when the watcher was halfway through she shut the portal, severing the watcher in half.
Gem looked at her shocked. “that was scary and hot at the same time” there were only about 30 watchers left but almost everyone was out of commission. The only people that were still fighting were Pearl, Scar, Doc, Impulse, Etho, Wels, And Ren. They fought as hard as they could but in the end they still lost a life… Wels looked to his right to see a watcher get ready to pierce Scar while he was distracted. Many might say Wels body moved before he could think but it wasn't true. Wels knew what he was doing and what would happen. He shoved Scar out of the way. The spear skewered Wels with ease. Blood began to drip from his mouth. Scar turned around to see who pushed him. He was met with the horrifying sight of a skewered Wels laid on the ground. “WELS!” Tears  started to stream down his face.
Quickly, Scar turned him over. “Scar… make sure to take care of grian for me…” Scar could see life slowly fade from Wels. “no! Y-you have to take care of him too! He needs you… we all do.” Wels shook his head. “promise me Scar” Wels was slipping away. Scar nodded. “I promise.” Scar said, choking on his own tears. And with that, Wels breathed unsteadily but he would live. Scar wrapped his shirt around Wels’ torso and stopped the bleeding. The little self control Scar had broke. He became a ruthless killing machine running on pure instinct and adrenaline. Even with Scar losing control  the battle was shifting, and not in their favor. The only person left standing was pearl. She was using every bit of strength to keep the force field protecting them up. There were still at least 15 watchers left.

Grian’s pov:
A sharp pain coursed through my head. I saw a vision of Pearl, using what little strength she had to hold up a barrier to protect her and the other hermits. Anger quickly consumed me. I morphed into a watcher and teleported in front of her immediately. The watchers held their attacks, shocked. “Leave.” I commanded. Xedinar stepped forward with a sly smile. “So the lion comes to protect the herd?” what Xedinar didn’t expect was for me to not even give a second thought. I plunged my hands into the ground and gathered all my bottled up emotions into my fists.

Sadness

Anger

Joy

Love

Fear

✨trauma✨

A wave of power pulsed through the ground from his hands as purple tentacles shot up from the dirt. This would destroy the server but it was the only way I could save everyone. The tentacles pierced the earth’s core and ripped it in half, a portal could be seen at the bottom. Pearl understood what I was doing and gathered everyone with a levitation spell and threw them through the portal before jumping in herself. I walked off the cliff and fell into the portal. The tentacles slammed the halves of the world together, destroying the portal and the world. It took the watchers with it as they were engulfed in flame. Xedinar’s scream was the last thing I heard before losing consciousness.

I know I said I was gonnakill someone but I couldn't bring myself to kill anyone. Wells was supposed to die but I changed my mind.
Drink water and take care of yourself!

Love ya