Chapter 11

Joey's POV...

"This is your room," Max says as he opens my new bedroom door. My jaw drops in shock at the size and design of the room. A giant king-size bed sits in the middle, with red velvet covers.

The ground is dark mahogany wooded floors that compliment the white walls. A giant flat screen is bolted into the wall in front of the bed and I think of shows I can watch with Rosette in here. My eyes soon notice the mini bar that is to the left of the bed, all the alcohol imaginable seems to be there. Rosette will love this!

"There is a mini fridge behind the bar. It is fully stocked with water bottles and juices. There are snacks stocked in cabinets behind the bar and the top cabinets that have the glasses." Max says as he points at each item. The cabinets matched the floor and the bar was red at the bottom and white at the top.

"You have a walk-in closet, and your bathroom, and downtime is at ten. Now, I'll have to check a few things." He says as his warm hands wrap around my wrist and pull me further into the room. He places a hand at my waist before slowly walking behind me and lifting my shirt.

"Dude!" I shout as I pull away from him and turn to meet his gaze. He raises his eyebrows in amusement as he raises both hands in surrender. What made him think that was okay? Did I look like a person who would accept that?

"I need your measurements. We have training and tasks that require certain clothes and I'll have to order them for you." He says and I still fail to understand why he couldn't just ask me for my measurements. I would have told him and it wouldn't be so awkward right now.

"What gave you the impression that I would be okay with you touching me?" I ask with more attitude than I would like. He puts down his hands and crosses his arms. His face is now blank and I start to squirm under his gaze.

"I'd like your measurements by tonight. Rosette is probably going crazy, I'll take you to her." He says without sparing me another glance. He just walks out of the room and I follow with a little distance between us.

Rosette's POV...

"And then, that little bastard tried to lift my shirt to check the measurements!" Joey shouts as he paces back and forth. I chuckle at my best friend and his new arch-nemesis. I find it hard to hate Max, I find him charming.

"He's little but he's hot. Plus, those tattoos are something to admire. I feel like we would be good friends if we gave him a shot." I say but my words cause Joey to stop pacing and sit next to me on the bed.

"I'm not sharing my best friend with that meatball. The only one I find tolerable is Cory." He says and I find myself smiling a little because Joey and Cory would have gotten along if Cory was still the Cory I adored.

"I used to be close to Cory. He was the goofball, always finding ways to make me laugh. And then... It all changed." I whisper Joey pulls me into a hug. I buried my face in his shirt and his fresh scent calmed me.

"How about we sleep in my room tonight? I have a bar, snacks, and a TV. We can watch something to distract us for the night." He says and this makes me perk up because our drinking always leads to us getting naked and enjoying each other.

"I still remember that I owe you some time. I didn't mean to leave you out yesterday, I was just in the zone and it had been a long time." He rambles and I shake my head and hold him tight. He doesn't need to apologize at all, I mean, Joey deserves the attention he got.

"I'm not upset at you, not anymore. You know it's hard for me to be mad at you, you could do any harm in the world and I would still love and trust you." I say and he holds me even tighter.