Chapter 20

Rosette's POV...

"You would look amazing in this dress!" My mother yells as she points at a random dress. It was a simple white mermaid dress with a deep cut. Basically, a basic ass dress for a basic ass bitch.

"Rose would never wear something like that for her wedding." Joey scoffs and my mother frowns as she feels the fabric. I cover my mouth to hide the smile on my lips.

"She's always wanted something more dramatic. She wants a puffy dress or a diamond-encrusted dress with a long beautiful train to match." He says as he touches a dress in the back of the small room that fits one of those descriptions.

This dress has a beautiful laced top with a humongous puff at the bottom that made my eyes wide. I can imagine sitting down in that and being swallowed within the fabric. I would bring Cinderella to shame.

"Joey." I gasp as I take my quick strides to the dress. I checked the shoulder to see it was strapless and I nearly fainted. I would be breathtaking, who wouldn't look at me? Maybe Jason will see the woman I am and not the girl I was.

"We can always have this customized. Instead of lace, we can have the top encrusted with diamonds." He says in awe as he glides his hand over the laced pattern.

"This is the one, this is all I will accept. Shit, we have to find the perfect shoes, hairstyle, and... I am not a professional makeup artist." I cringe and Joey chuckles at my obvious confession.

"I'm not sure if it's... Mature enough. It seems too much like a ball gown to me." My mother says and I stiffen at her words. Joey and I exchange glances, both of us trying to keep the other one from lashing out.

"Good thing it's my wedding and not your wedding," I say as I turn around to face her. Her already upset face turns even more upset as her lips quiver. Is she about to cry?

"It's just... Emily always thought you would look wonderful in a dress like this." She says and I kid you fucking not, tears start to stream down my mother's face. She breaks out into a sob and the woman who owns the store, quickly manifests herself into existence to comfort my mother.

"This is going to be a long fucking day," I mutter to Joey.

Jason's POV...

"So, all you did was gaslight her into believing she owed you this?" Cory asks in disbelief for the millionth time. I shrug my shoulders, bored and irritated on the topic.

"She's always been weak-minded. I'm disappointed in her, I thought she would have a better fight." John says as he takes a sip of his dirty martini.

"Well, she did fight us on it before the talk. Maybe she's tired and wants to end future arguments on the topic. Maybe the mental game was her last straw." Cory says as he sips on a beer.

"Well, I'm not sure if you have noticed but my wife, Rosette, and that irritating man are out shopping for dresses," John says casually and I stiffen. No, she can not shop for any dresses. I already have everything taken care of.

"No need for that John. As we discussed before, I have all of that taken care of." I say before taking a sip of my whiskey. He gives me a nod with a knowing smile.

"I know what you said. However, my wife was way too excited to pass up the opportunity. Knowing Rosette, she has made her mother upset by now and the mood will die down." John says and I nod my head in agreement. She always manages to make others upset.

Rosette's POV...

"Seafood is not appropriate for the meals! Finger sandwiches are fulfilling and clean!" My mother repeats this for the tenth time to both Joey and I. I roll my eyes and continue to speak to the store owner.