Chapter 24

Rosette's POV...

"Why are you here so early? I was about to send the food over. Tell Rose I'm sorry I didn't ma-." Fred cuts his words short once he sees me. His eyes look over me before they widen.

"What happened?!" He asks and the way he looked at me, with so much concern, was the final straw. My knees suddenly become too weak to keep me up.

"Rose!" Joey yells as he catches me before I hit the ground. His words stings, everything he said stings and I don't know how to get rid of them.

"I hate him, I hate him, I hate him, I hate him, I hate him!" I kept chanting these words like I was summoning a demon to sacrifice Jason. Actually, I should do that.

"Can someone tell me what in the hell is going on?!?" Fred shouts. His face is full of worry and concern. I open my mouth but no words come out. Honestly, I don't want to relive what happened.

"Well, Jason had blah, blah, blah." My mind tunes out Cory's words. I slowly stood up to my full height but my head couldn't stay up. As I drop my head, curls fall and hit my face. I close my eyes, trying to escape to any place where the feelings I feel don't exist.

The feeling of fingers on my chin made me open my eyes. I see shiny dress shoes, my head is lifted and I see a smiling Fred. His smile manages to put a smile on my face. He has his classic butler look, his thin black hair is combed to the side. His matching mustache is trimmed, and his traditional suit with a bowtie doesn't have a crinkle in sight.

"He is a fool and you should know better than to cry over fools." He says as he leans in and kisses the top of my head. The familiar warmth my grandfather used to give is now being given by Fred.

Grandpa, he didn't show up. Maybe he didn't show up because I told him he wasn't invited. I wonder how he would react to this news, well, assuming he doesn't know already. The possible scenario where my grandfather played a hand in this... My stomach twists.

"How about you go shower and take a little nap? Let today's events fade for a little while." Fred coos as he pulls me into a hug that could convince the most coldhearted person to change.

"Okay." I whisper before bolting up the stairs and into my shower.

Joey's POV...

I start to follow her but I'm stopped by a hand grabbing my wrist. I look down at it, recognizing the tattoos and veins. For fucks sake, why does this man taunt me?

"We need to use this time for training. Let Cory take care of her." Max says and I shake my head in protest. I refuse to leave her with a person who hurt her.

"I wasn't asking, let's go." He orders as he tightens his grip and pulls me towards the direction of the training room. I try to pull away, refusing to let this jackass win.

"Let me talk to her, please. I'm not going to do anything vile to her and for once, I want to do good by her." Cory says aloud. Both Max and I halt. His hand still has my wrist in his grip.

"Believe it or not, I care about her. I just need to show her that I do. Please let me have this opportunity to show her I care." He pleads, he looks like his words are genuine. However, I still feel like it's the wrong time for him to apologize.

"Don't worry, if she says he must leave, he will leave." Fred reassures and Cory better kiss his toes because I nod my head. Fred smiles and so does Cory.

Max continues to pull me towards the training room. What is his fucking rush? He must enjoy torturing the fuck out of me. Once we get into the room Max pushes the door close.

"Stop feeding into her codependency." He says. I quickly turn around, confused and offended at his assumption. Codependency? How is checking up on my friend after a shitty wedding, related to codependency?