Chapter 13

Rosette's POV...

"Evan Peters is so fucking basic Rose, how are you so obsessed?" Joey says with a face twisted up in disgust. I frown at his lack of sight when it comes to my celebrity crush.

"Have you seen him in all the shows and movies he's played in? His talent and personality alone can make a gal cum." I sigh in pure bliss. The things I would do to that man are so sinful, that my grandfather would drag the Pope down to cleanse me.

"Eh, my dick is limp with every role." Joey shrugs as he makes us another martini. I roll my eyes at him and draw invisible circles on the bar. This room is amazing, more amazing than my own.

I know for a fact this hallway was not here and these rooms had to have been added while I was gone. The house didn't look touched when I first gazed at it. Now, I can see there are changes not visible at first glance.

"Sooner or later, you'll have to face your parents... How do you feel about that?" Joey asks as he pushes my glass to me. I stop my movements and look him in the eye.

"Do they even deserve that title? I feel like they only have that title because I came from John's ball sack and managed to get to Diane's egg before the others." I say before chugging the glass like my life depends on it.

"First name basis? That's fair, from what you told me... They didn't take any of your feelings into consideration and that was before and after the death of your sister." Joey says gently and I feel my eyes sting.

"I don't think I hurt them enough. I feel like I punished my grandpa. He did nothing but love me and he was the only person to care about me. He was the only one who saw me when I was next to Emily." I whisper.

I hope my grandpa can forgive me. He is beyond loyal to me and in return, I spat on his love and care as a possibility for me. He can do no wrong in my eyes, he has never done me wrong.

"Your grandpa loves you Rose, I can tell by the way he looks at you. I bet my life he would die for you." Joey says and I roll my eyes at his dramatic escalation of what my grandpa would do for me.

"I wouldn't put him in a position to have to do that," I mumble to myself, not wanting to debate with Joey on the subject. It was long after that we were able to smell the sweet aroma of food.

"They are starting dinner," I whisper. Joey comes around the bar and pulls me into a warm hug. I wrap my arms around him and accept the warmth. This is why I love Joey so much.

Joey is so selfless and he's always saying the right words to make me feel better. Even his hugs, kisses, and smiles lift my spirit. He gently pulls away from me to look at my face.

"Fuck them, you are amazing. I would know, I've been by your side since the bridge. And that was when? Two and a half years ago?" He asks, and I nod my head in confirmation.

"We've been through too much shit to not know each other." He says leaning down and kissing my forehead. He's right, we've been through a lot, and if he says I'm amazing, I'm amazing.

Jason's POV...

"Son." A familiar voice calls out and I turn to see John and Diane walk amongst the sea of people. I smile and make my way over to Diane to carry her things for her.

"My sweet boy, we are happy to hear you found her!" Diane says excitingly and I have to force the smile to stay on my face. I felt good at first but I regret it, she's doing nothing but allowing old memories to appear.

"Hey Mom, let me carry these for you," I say as I gently grab the handle of her suitcase. She beams at me before allowing me to grab them from her delicate hands.