ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 32

Yara was escorted to her starting point and waited patiently. She already knew where all the curves were; now, she just needed to stretch, since the one she would be racing against was the same one that had taken the dope.

She waited for only a few minutes.

"GET READY, THEY'RE JUST AROUND THE CORNER!" the staff near her advised. She sat on her bike and began pedaling. She could already feel June and the enemy behind him, and June stretched his hand, passing the baton to her.

"GO GET THEM!" was the only thing Yara heard before she sprinted.

Yara sensed the enemy closing in behind her as she took the curve effortlessly. Suddenly, the enemy popped up beside her and began cornering her. She kept her balance, refusing to accept his little provocation.

"Oh? Did you switch with the red-haired guy? I was itching to crush him here. Well, I'll just crush you, bitch, hahahaha!" he taunted, continuously narrowing her path. She couldn't take it anymore, so she started fighting back, her shoulder colliding with his as they continued racing on the course. She leaned toward the boy, making it difficult for him to balance himself.

"FUCK, STOP IT! YOU BITCH!!" He screamed in anger. Yara could only smirk.

"Oh? Getting angry, are we? Try not to dope next time, shall we?" she sneered back, noticing his face twitch at her words.

They both took a sharp turn, still neck and neck. His pace was five times faster due to the dope, but that didn't bother Yara as she perfectly matched his speed.

"HEY! ARE YOU REALLY NOT CHANGING WITH ME?! GIVE IT TO ME!" It seemed that the person assigned to take the last course in their enemy's team was tailing them behind. Yara clicked her tongue; now it was one versus two.

Up ahead, there was another sharp slope turn. It was even harder since she was already handling two, one of whom was doping. She knew she needed to sacrifice something to shake at least one of them off her tail. She broke away from the boy before sprinting first to the sharp curve. She immediately felt him catching up, but this time he was on the left side. She smirked, anticipating that he would catch up to her in no time. They both approached the sharp curve as she skidded, leaning into the boy more to make him struggle.

"FUCK, MOVE OUT, YOU BITCH!!!" He sounded frustrated, looking at her.

"Aye~, enjoy the wall~" Before he could react, he immediately collided with the wall.

BAM!

Yara immediately distanced herself from the wall, but the boy's bike flung towards her left leg. She managed to dodge in time, but it still caught her left calf. The impact caused the chain of the doping boy's bike to break, exposing the chain ring, which pierced through her calf, causing it to bleed. Despite the sudden pain, Yara didn't stop pedaling. She glanced back to see the other enemy grabbing the baton from the passed-out doping boy before continuing to pedal. She focused once again, trying to balance her strength.

There were still curves ahead, but Yara's bleeding leg was starting to worsen. However, she didn't pay attention to it and continued to navigate the course. Her left leg began to lose strength, causing her pacing to slow slightly. The blood stained the road beneath her bike, but still, she didn't stop.

Suddenly, a shadow loomed to her left, and her eyes widened in surprise. She never knew the boy was fast enough to catch up with her.

"Give it to me," came the familiar voice. Yara flinched, looking at her left to see Jay. Why was he here? She hadn't fallen, not even once, so why was he intervening?