ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 59

An hour earlier | Somewhere in the crowds.

"What the hell are you talking about? So did you find it?" Dom's voice cut through the din of the bustling crowd, his tone urgent as he pressed for answers.

"Jeez! Where are you? A...All right!" The response came through the crackling phone line, barely audible over the surrounding noise.

"Hey Vinny, we've got trouble! Jay says his bike is gone!" Dom's voice was laced with concern as he relayed the distressing news to Vinny.

"What?!!" Vinny exclaimed in confusion, his brows furrowing as he turned to face Dom, who had already started to briskly walk away from the crowd.

"What do you mean??" Vinny's confusion only deepened as he struggled to keep up with Dom's hurried pace.

"I don't know, just follow me!" Dom's command was terse as he set off with purpose, leaving Vinny to watch his retreating figure with a mix of bewilderment and apprehension.

"Wha- what the hell? Did you see this? It's live right now! They're ganging up on the blonde girl!" A nearby girl's voice pierced through the air, drawing Vinny's attention to the unfolding drama on her phone screen.

"Dude, what did the girl do to get ganged up! It's literally 1 vs. 10, can she fight them all?" A boy's incredulous voice chimed in beside her, his eyes glued to the shocking footage.

"I know right, Isn't that place near ####?? Should we call the police??" The girl's furrowed brows betrayed her concern as she pondered their course of action.

"They even film it live, what the hell..." Another voice muttered.

"VINNY!! HURRY UP!!" Dom's panicked voice shattered Vinny's momentary distraction, snapping him back to the present.

"WHERE ARE YOU GOING? WHAT ABOUT THE PART-TIME JOB?" Vinny called out, his voice tinged with frustration, but Dom offered no response as he continued his determined stride.

With a resigned sigh, Vinny quickened his pace to catch up with his friend, jogging to join Dom.

Joker turned his head to watch as the red-headed figure walked away, trailing behind the other boy. "What are you doing?" came Wooin's voice from his right, drawing Joker's attention. "Beating people up for money now, huh?" Wooin's tone carried a hint of amusement as he approached Joker, but the latter remained silent, his gaze fixed on his friend.

"Why, is fighting in an underground club not enough for you?" Wooin quipped again, a small smile playing on his lips. Still, Joker offered no response, his thoughts elsewhere. "Anyway, let's go. The guys are waiting," Wooin declared, turning on his heel and beginning to walk away. Joker watched him go, but his focus was abruptly diverted when a commotion erupted from the nearby crowd, piquing his curiosity. Wooin, too, turned to investigate.

"H-hey, isn't that murder?" A voice from the crowd rang out in horror, prompting murmurs of agreement and alarm from the onlookers.

"I'm calling the police!!"

"She'll die before the police arrive!"

Before Joker could fully grasp the gravity of their words, his body moved of its own accord, striding purposefully toward the panicked group, Wooin trailing behind. He came to a halt in front of them, his cold gaze meeting theirs, causing them to recoil in fear and begin to back away. Joker's eyes locked onto the phone in the hands of one of the group members, his heart sinking as he recognized the familiar hair color on the screen—it was a live video. Acting on instinct, his hand shot out, snatching the phone away from the startled boy, who recoiled in shock.

Bringing the phone close to him, Joker watched the horrifying scene unfolding on the screen—Yara, fighting for her life in the shadows. Beside him, Wooin joined him silently, his expression mirroring Joker's shock and disbelief. The gravity of the situation sank in as they realized the severity of what they were witnessing.

"Hey, isn't this Yara? What the hell?" Wooin's voice trembled with horror as he made the connection, his eyes widening in realization. But before he could react, Joker was already in motion, his hand trembling with urgency as he prepared to smash the phone in his grip. In a swift movement, Wooin snatched the device from his grasp, examining the footage with growing horror.

Without a word, Joker bolted from the scene, his heart pounding in his chest as he raced to where the live video from the phone unfolds, disappearing into the distance. Wooin followed suit, his mind reeling with the shocking revelation and the urgency of the situation at hand.

Amidst the dark streets, three figures darted through the crowd, their breaths ragged and chests heaving with exertion. Minu and June struggled to keep pace with Jay, who led the charge with a sense of urgency etched into his features.

"We took a taxi and looked around all of the secondhand shops around here but almost all of them are closed!" Minu gasped out between breaths, his voice strained from the effort of running.

"We didn't see it over in that area either!" June added, his voice barely audible over the din of the silent streets as he sprinted alongside his friends.

As they finally caught up to Jay, the trio came to a halt, their chests heaving as they doubled over to catch their breaths. "If it's not here either, then we're in serious trouble," Minu managed to say, straightening up slightly as he regained his composure.

The urgency in Jay's eyes was palpable as he turned to his friends. "Where's Yara?" he asked, his voice tinged with concern as he scanned for any sign of their missing companion.

"I called her earlier, informing her about the problem," Minu explained, his brow furrowing in confusion. "She did answer my call. Did she pick up for you, June?"

June shook his head, his expression mirroring Minu's confusion. "No, she didn't," he replied, his voice tinged with worry. "Maybe she's busy or something."

Before they could dwell any further on Yara's absence, Jay's sharp eyes caught sight of a man in the distance. With a sense of determination, the trio sprinted towards him, their voices echoing through the bustling streets as they called out for his attention.

"MISTER! HOLD ON!" Jay shouted, his voice carrying over the noise of the crowd as they closed in on the man.

The man turned to face them, confusion written across his features as he took in the sight of the three breathless teenagers before him. "Excuse me, but have you seen a bike today?" Jay asked urgently, his voice tinged with desperation as he tried to catch his breath. "A black chrome-moly bike!" Minu added, his words coming out in between gasps for air.

"A bike?" The man repeated, his brow furrowing in confusion as he racked his brain for any recent sightings.

~~

As the boys followed the man into the junkyard, their hopes of finding Jay's missing bike dwindled with each passing moment. The keeper's words echoed in their ears.

"Jeez, it's so dark that you can hardly see. Try coming back tomorrow morning," the keeper suggested, his tone tinged with sympathy as he scratched his cheek in contemplation. Minu sighed in frustration, his gaze scanning the dimly lit surroundings for any sign of the bike.

Frustration mounted as they searched fruitlessly through the shadows, their hopes fading with each passing moment. But then, Jay's sudden silence caught Minu's attention, drawing his gaze towards his friend who stood frozen in place, his eyes locked on something in the distance.

"What are you doing over there?! Did you find it?" Minu called out, his voice tinged with urgency, but Jay remained unresponsive, his gaze fixed on the mysterious sight before him.

Curiosity piqued, Minu hurried over to join Jay, his heart pounding in his chest as he tried to make sense of what had captured his friend's attention. And then, he saw it—a sight that left him speechless with disbelief.

"No..way.." Minu breathed, his voice barely above a whisper as he struggled to comprehend the scene unfolding before him.

.

.

.

𝔗𝔬 𝔅𝔢 ℭ𝔬𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔫𝔲𝔢𝔡