ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 40

"Wait! I'll turn the light off!!" Minu exclaimed, darting towards the switch.

"WHAT NO-" Dom's protest was drowned out by the sudden darkness enveloping the room.

"Why? Are you scared~?" Yara teased, her voice laced with amusement as she continued to tend to the sizzling steak in the kitchen.

"NO!" Dom retorted defensively, though his voice wavered slightly.

"BRO, IT'S STARTING!!" Dom's excited announcement echoed through the dimly lit living room.

Yara glanced over her shoulder from the kitchen, a smirk playing on her lips. She could see Minu and Dom settling onto the couch, Jay eagerly perched on the carpet, and Vinny reclining on the separate sofa. The choice of movie - "The Exorcist" - was met with both anticipation and trepidation.

"Y'all better not bug me in the middle of the night later," Yara warned with a playful tone, her eyes twinkling mischievously.

"NEVER!!" The boys chorused in unison, their voices filled with determination.

"Tsk tsk, this is a piece of cake. I won't even flinch!" Dom boasted, though there was a hint of uncertainty in his bravado.

"Let's see about that~" Yara chimed, a smirk evident in her voice as she returned her attention to the cooking.

As Yara plated the succulent steak with mashed potatoes, the aroma filled the kitchen, tempting the boys' taste buds.

"Here." Jay accepted the plate with a grateful nod, his eyes lighting up at the sight of the mouthwatering meal.

"HEY, THAT'S UNFAIR, GIVE US SOME, JAY!!" Dom protested playfully, his stomach growling in protest.

"Oi, y'all already ate at Dom's place," Yara reminded them with a chuckle, her tone teasing.

Grrrr.

"......"

"......"

"......"

Yara sighed softly, her gaze lingering on the scene before her. The camaraderie among the boys never failed to bring a smile to her face.

"Grab the other three on the counter," Yara instructed, watching as Dom and Minu eagerly retrieved the remaining plates.

"HEY!!" Minu protested with a mock scowl, though there was a hint of amusement in his voice as he chased after Dom.

"ACK! WHAT THE HELL..." Vinny's startled exclamation interrupted the banter, drawing Yara's attention back to the living room.

"C-can we change the movie.... Haha," Minu stammered nervously, his eyes darting around the room.

"What? Are you scared? AHAHHAHA," Dom teased, his laughter echoing in the dimly lit room.

"NO!! NEVERMIND DON'T CHANGE," Minu backtracked quickly, his cheeks flushing with embarrassment.

With a glass of wine in hand, Yara perched on the kitchen counter, her gaze fixed on the boys in the living room. She chuckled softly, enjoying the banter and camaraderie among them.

Buzz.