ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 66

As if driven by some unseen force, Yara suddenly veered to her left with a ferocious turn. In that moment, disaster struck. The chain of her bike snapped, shattering into three distinct pieces. The handlebar, already under immense strain, finally gave way under her vice-like grip. With a sickening crack, the first upper tube of her bike fractured, followed swiftly by the lower tube as it succumbed to the loss of support.

BANG!!

She collided with an obstacle, or rather, someone. Monster was caught completely off guard by the sudden obstruction in his path. Never in his wildest dreams did he anticipate encountering such audacity, such recklessness, in the heat of the race. Only those with a death wish would dare to stand in the way of his relentless sprint.

It all happened in the blink of an eye. His head met the unforgiving asphalt with a sickening thud, the impact sending shockwaves of pain radiating through his skull. His bike careened out of control, crashing into another bike that had inadvertently blocked his path. Its owner was nowhere to be seen as Monster's body skidded across the rough surface, his face grinding painfully against the ground.

Through the haze of agony, he caught a glimpse of the crimson line marking the finish line. In a cruel twist of fate, he crossed it even as he tumbled helplessly to the ground.

"YARA!!!!!!" Dom's voice pierced through the stunned silence as he crossed the finish line. With a swift and determined motion, he brought his bike to a sudden halt, the screech of tires echoing in the air. Without a moment's hesitation, he leaped off his bike and sprinted towards his fallen teammate.

The world seemed to hold its breath, enveloped in a tense stillness. Even the normally boisterous announcer fell silent, unwilling to disrupt the gravity of the moment. Every face in the vicinity wore an expression of shock and disbelief, their eyes fixed on the scene unfolding before them.

Amidst the hushed murmurs and gasps, Yara slowly lifted her head, her hands slick with blood and her body trembling with adrenaline. A crimson droplet trickled down her forehead, but she paid it no mind, her focus consumed by the thunderous pounding of her heart.

'Who are you?'

Hands rushed to cover the relentless flow of blood from the wound, wrapping around her in a one-sided embrace as panicked cries for medics filled the air. Yara remained eerily still, her mind consumed by a single thought: "Where are you?"

In an instant, she felt her body being lifted, familiar faces crowding around her with wide, anxious eyes. Their collective gaze bore into her own, as if searching for reassurance or understanding. Her hands moved instinctively, reaching up to touch her face, then her eyes.

But to her surprise, she found no trace of injury, no pain or discomfort. It was as though the chaos and turmoil of the moment had vanished, leaving her standing in a surreal calm.

"Y̶̢̱͖͚̳̊͐͊̒̃A̶̢̰͕̠̳͛̽͐̈́͘Я̶̛̩͕̗̫̟͑̌̆͝A̸̳̟̪̮̒̃̃̔̚"

'What?...'

"Ɔ̷̛̫̘͍͈͇͂̇̅͋ɒ̴̢̳͖̯͙̿͊̇̀̀n̷̠̠͉̬̠̒͆̄̋̊ ̵̢̙̤̘̜͛̽̅̓̇γ̶̡̨̛͈̹̣̓͐̔̕ơ̶̯̣̟̺̮͂͛̈́͠ῠ̶̛̱̻̘̺̅̓̋ͅ ̴̞̟̱̩͚͗̅̒̏̄ʜ̵̨͎̙̪̬̈́̋̒̏͝ɘ̵̲̼̞̣͇͌͛͋͐͘ɒ̸̧̢̭̝̱͆͆̽͝͝ɿ̵̡͕̺͇̳̈̑̐̂͝ ̷̡̺̱͚̱̒͒̔̓͠m̸̧̜̠̘̜̂̈́̓͋͋ɘ̶̨̧̛̬͉̩̀̋̆̋?̴̡̜͍̱͇͒̏̽͗̓!̴͕̰͈̖͕͋̉̔̕̚"