ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 69

Huffing while walking out of the school, she bid farewell to the crew before getting escorted by Mr. Nam to make sure she got home. Yara started walking mindlessly as her mind was occupied with thoughts of how to get a new bike. She had already tried contacting some companies she knew, but there were no available bikes due to long waiting lists. She was getting frustrated; her only option seemed to be Owen's manager.

Ping!

Halting from the sudden notification, she slowly reached for her phone before turning it on. She got a new message from the previous number where they always got a new schedule for the race. She smiled.

[SENT VIA WEB]

LEAGUE OF STREET

(NOTIFICATION) THERE IS A REMATCH SCHEDULED FOR TEAMS WHICH WERE DISQUALIFIED DURING THE FOURTH RACE.

IF YOU WISH TO PARTICIPATE, PLEASE CONTACT US BY THE 28TH...

Her smile suddenly faded as she remembered she didn't currently have a bike. But then, a realization dawned on her. She had another bike before she got the second one, and it was fixed gear. Relief washed over her as she scratched her head and shoved her phone back into her pocket.

Brrr.

Her phone vibrated again, prompting her to retrieve it from her pocket. She glanced at the caller ID before answering.

"What took you so long to answer?"

"Just thinking about something, what's up?"

"Just thinking... Do you have a new bike yet? I saw in the live show that your bike was cut in half..."

"Ah...."

"Don't ahh me, idiot."

"Shut it....well, honestly I'm planning on going out of the country to look for the same bike.."

"Sounds like a deal~"

"Deal, what?"

"Bye~"

"By- Wait-WHAT DEA-!"

Beep beep.

Yara trembled with anger after Owen abruptly ended the call. She huffed before kicking a small rock under her shoe. Her eyes followed where it landed, and to her horror, it hit someone's head. She froze as her eyes slowly raised from the person on the ground to the people in front of her—members of the ghost crew, bleeding and groaning. Without a word, she turned around, hoping they hadn't recognized her.

"Yara?"

Cursing internally, she increased her walking speed, ignoring the person who called out to her. There was shuffling behind her, but she kept walking. Her movements halted when two arms wrapped around her shoulders, stopping her in her tracks. Forced to turn around, she was met with Joker and Wooin's faces.

"Oh, hi..."

"I knew it was you!" Wooin beamed.

"Huh, you know that hottie?" Someone behind Wooin said, earning a furrowed eyebrow from Yara.

"Hey, watch your mouth," Joker gritted his teeth, glaring at the boy, who backed away in fear. "H-hey! Chill out, I was just asking!"

Yara sighed before turning away and starting to walk again. Her thoughts raced, 'How the hell did I get here? I was so sure I was walking home...'

"Hey, since you're here..why don't we grab some food?" Wooin offered, smiling at Yara.

"Oh, I'm alright. I'm just on my way home."