ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 60

Meanwhile, the sound of hurried footsteps drew their attention, and they turned to see Dom and Vinny approaching, their expressions a mix of confusion and concern.

"HEY!! WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR BIKE?!!" Dom exclaimed between gasps for breath, his hands resting on his knees as he tried to catch his breath. But his question hung in the air unanswered, as all eyes remained fixed on the startling sight that lay before them.

"Huh?!" Dom echoed, his confusion mirroring Dom's as they both struggled to make sense of the scene before them.

"Doctor, isn't today your day off?" A nurse's voice rang out, laced with warmth and familiarity, breaking the monotony of the hospital routine.

"I had some papers to get. Are you on the night shift tonight? Good luck," Jay's mom replied, her tone friendly as she exchanged pleasantries with her colleagues, her mind preoccupied with the tasks at hand.

"MOM!!" A sudden call interrupted the conversation, causing Jay's mom to whirl around in surprise. There, standing before her, was her son, clad in a wrinkled uniform, his chest heaving as he struggled to catch his breath. Behind him, she noticed his friends, one of them respectfully bowing in acknowledgment.

"Is that your son?" The nurse she had been speaking with moments ago queried, her expression a mix of curiosity and confusion as she glanced at the group of boys.

~~

"Why did you do that, mom?" Jay's voice echoed through the tense air outside the hospital entrance, tinged with a mixture of frustration and hurt.

"Do what?" His mother retorted, her tone laced with irritation as she turned to face him.

"You didn't come all the way to the hospital to argue with me over some bike, did you?" Jay's mother's words dripped with sarcasm, her irritation palpable.

"Well, I warned you to stop riding your bike, didn't I?" His mother's voice held a hint of reproach, her frustration evident.

"I guess you must feel relieved now, huh? Now that my bike is gone," Jay's words were laden with bitterness as he spoke.

"I'll stop riding my bike from now on but I want you to stay out of my life," Jay declared, his glare piercing through his mother.

"What?!" His mother's voice rose in disbelief.

"I said, stop interfering in my life," Jay's voice was firm, his resolve evident.

In a moment of heated confrontation, something snapped in his mother's mind. Stepping forward, she raised her hand, delivering a resounding slap across Jay's cheek. The sound echoed in the open space, echoing the tension in the air. Jay's glasses lay shattered on the floor. Slowly, Jay turned his head to meet his mother's gaze, his eyes burning with defiance and hurt.

"HOW DARE YOU LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT?!" Jay's mother's voice was filled with fury as she raised her hand once more, the sharp slap landing on the same cheek as before. But Jay remained stoic, refusing to flinch as he maintained his defiant glare.

"YOU LITTLE BRAT!!" With another attempt to strike him, her hand poised to deliver another blow, a sudden shout from a familiar voice pierced through the tense atmosphere.

"HOLD ON!!"

"CALM DOWN, MA'AM!!" Minu intervened, stepping in front of Jay to shield him from his mother's wrath. Meanwhile, Dom rushed to Jay's side, concern etched across his features as he checked on his friend.