ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 72

"Now, there are training uniforms inside, so get changed right away and we'll meet out here." The old man said, standing in front of the group.

"Are we going to start training right now? We just got here." Minu said, looking haggard.

"Did you come here for a picnic? The kid also went straight to training after coming all the way here."

"No, sir! We'll get changed immediately!" Dom immediately said.

"Man, I'm exhausted. Can we just take a little break before we start?"

"We're in the mountains. It will get dark soon so let's just finish up quickly."

"It's already getting dark, huh..." The girl, who had been training non-stop the whole day, remarked, her gaze shifting to the gloomy sky above. She had tirelessly pushed herself throughout the day, yet showed no signs of slowing down.

The old man had provided her with breakfast and lunch while she continued pedaling in the middle of the falls, releasing the handlebar once more. Engaging in a series of stretches, a contented sigh escaping her lips as she felt the tension dissipate with a satisfying pop.

Earlier, the old man had gone to chase Darong after the squirrel stole his bell. It was a familiar scene, one that she had anticipated, knowing full well who would accompany him upon his return.

'Someone's coming.'

Yara's lips curved into a knowing smile as she sensed the approach of another presence. Gratitude filled her heart as the wind returned to whisper its secrets once more. Since childhood, it had been her constant companion, a silent guide that shaped her intuition and became intertwined with her very being. With a sense of familiarity and comfort, she closed her eyes, allowing herself to be enveloped by its gentle caress.

In this moment, she felt attuned to the natural rhythm of the world around her, each pedal stroke harmonizing with the symphony of nature.

Rustle

Rustle

Shuffles

"Huh?" A familiar voice was heard from a distance.

"H-Hey, I might be too tired but I'm seeing Yara..."

"I might be too tired too..."

"Don't tell me that Old man he was talking about was Yara this whole time..."

"HUH?!"

"YARA?!?!???!?!?!?"

"Oh, hi," Yara greeted them with a casual wave, as if it were the most ordinary thing in the world. Vinny, on the other hand, exploded in anger, marching towards the lined up rocks and started skipping towards Yara.

"I TOLD YOU NOT TO DO STUPID THINGS!"

"What did I do?!?!? Stop coming closer, idiot!!!" Yara's protests fell on deaf ears as he continued to advance, ready to confront the pale girl. "I will fall if you touch me, and I'll not hesitate to grab you," Yara warned, her tone firm as she maintained her grip on the handlebar.

Vinny furrowed his eyebrows in defiance before bolting forward and seizing the handlebar, causing the bike to wobble precariously. Yara's eyes widened in alarm as she shot him a warning glance. "Hey," she cautioned, her gaze locked on him.

Shuffles.

"Hey, let's set ours, we'll deal with Yara later," Jay suggested to Vinny, their voices hushed as they hovered around the wooden rollers holding the pale girl's bike. "Move away, you two. I might fell off, this rock is just enough for the rollers," Yara interjected, a bead of sweat trickling down her forehead.