ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 58

⚠️ TW: This chapter contains graphic violence and disturbing scenes. Reader discretion is advised. :>

"Well, let's just say, I easily recover from injuries and even sickness," she boasted confidently, her smirk widening as she emphasized her innate resilience.

"That's new. The more we talk, the more I learn new things from you.." Owen retorted, a playful smirk playing on his lips.

Yara suppressed the urge to roll her eyes at his teasing. 'Jesus Christ, stop smirking, it's distracting,' she wanted to snap at him, but she bit her tongue, choosing instead to maintain her cool facade.

As their conversation continued, they delved into a whirlwind of topics, exchanging words, sharing stories, and teasing each other mercilessly. From discussing Yara's unique abilities to reminiscing about past adventures, their interaction was a chaotic blend of laughter, banter, and genuine connection.

"Well, I gotta get going, I still have things I need to look for, see you later?" Yara's voice softened as she made her final announcement, a sense of urgency underlying her words. Owen's image flickered on the screen, his expression mirroring her own determination as he responded, "Sounds good, I'll call again, you better answer."

With a mutual wave goodbye, they ended the call, leaving Yara to turn and begin her journey towards her car. As she walked, her mind buzzed with a whirlwind of thoughts and plans for the future, each step carrying her closer to the next chapter in her ongoing adventure.

Buzzz

As her phone rang once more, Yara reluctantly accepted the call, bringing a familiar voice echoing into the confines of her car—Minu's urgent tone pierced the air. Annoyance creased her brow as she listened, frustration mounting within her.

"Yara! Jay's bike is missing!! We're gathering to look for it! We'll let you know when we find it!" Minu's urgent voice crackled through the phone, barely reaching eight seconds before the call abruptly ended. Yara released a frustrated sigh, tossing her phone onto the back seat. With determination fueling her actions, she ignited the engine and sped into the darkened streets. Gripping the steering wheel tightly, she knew she needed to find the bike quickly.

Earlier, she had asked Vinny's help, requesting his assistance in organizing a search party. With a picture of Jay's bike, they set out to scour the area. Despite their efforts since morning, there had been no reports of the bike being found. Yara's frustration only deepened as she drove into the night, her brow furrowing in consternation.

As Yara cruised down the road, a sudden blur of a bike streaked past her car. Instinctively, she slammed on the brakes, the tires screeching against the asphalt as the vehicle skidded to an abrupt halt. Heart pounding, she peered out the windshield, only to find the road empty. Confusion clouded her mind as she cautiously stepped out of the car, scanning the surroundings for any sign of movement. Was it a trick of the light, or perhaps her imagination playing tricks?

But before she could make sense of the situation, a gang materialized from the shadows, their presence sending a chill down her spine. Recognizing their distinctive fruit helmets, Yara's muscles tensed with apprehension.

"Well, well, well~ look who we have here?" their leader taunted, his cronies closing in with menacing grins. Yara's grip tightened into fists, her mind racing for a way out. Without her phone to call for backup, she cursed herself for tossing it away in frustration earlier.