01x18: For Your Eye Only

"The name is Woman. Spiderwoman. I used to be an ordinary web-slinging superhero. Making short of the criminal kind in New York City. But now I'm international woman of mystery. An agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. The next Nick Fury."

I cheer as I rode around on a web-snowboard I made that's attached to a S.H.I.E.L.D.'s cleaning bot.

"What do you think you're doing?" Fury asks, entering the training room.

"Trying to become the Ultimate Spiderwoman, duh." I shrug.

"All right. Enough of that." He shoots the cleaning bot making me trip and fall. "If you'd listen to me, you'd already be-"

"I already did it! A full training cycle vs. S.H.I.E.L.D. lame-bots. One step closer to being the Ultimate Spiderwoman." I grin cheekily. 

"Now hold on. You don't think before you act, you dive in head first, you don't-"

"You and your rules and lessons!" I stick my tongue out. "You're more like a fortune cookie than Iron Fist! And you're both without the cookie part."

"No one said it would happen over night. You still need-"

"More training? Discipline? That special S.H.I.E.L.D. shine?" I grab my backpack and throw it over my shoulders.

"To start, and a little respect wouldn't hurt. Be on time tomorrow."

"Fine, I will! And maybe you'll try teaching me something I don't already know."

The doors close and Fury groans, "teenagers."

I stood there with my arms crossed until the doors reopened, I shoot two webs and slam them shut again. "I'm sure you'll be taking this out of my allowance."

"Don't be late."

I hum as I walk away.

"Hey, Spidey!" I hear a young voice call out to me. I turn to see Agent Durand approaching me. Ah, yes, the seventh grader. The thirteen year old S.H.I.E.L.D. agent. "Do you got a minute?"

I nod, "sure. What'd ya need, young padawan?"

"So, I'm saying this to you as woman to woman, but... there's blood on my underwear, and I can't stop the bleeding. I have no idea what to do. And I'm scared to ask any of the older members because they're either really judgmental, intimidating, or are a man. And I feel like I can't talk to any of the doctors because they're all creepy old men!"

I let out a surprised laugh which worries her even more. "Sorry, sorry. But that's a period."

"Like the punctuation point or class hour?"

"Good Thor, what? No. Do you have any idea about puberty?"

"No? I was home-schooled all my life and S.H.I.E.L.D. only teaches me the important stuff."

"Well, that's another reason for me to piss Fury off now," I scoff. "Here, we'll go to the bathroom together. I'll inform on everything I know and remember, and I'll give you some tips that work for me." I pull out a couple things from my backpack. "Here's a pad, I would give you a tampon but I don't recommend them for first-timers. And here's a chocolate bar. After this we can get you a heated blanket and some tea, you like tea, right?"

---

"I am so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so late!" I land on top of the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier and look at the strangely dressed agents. "Yo, yo, yo! What's up magnificent agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.? How are y'all this fine whatever it is? How's the world-protecting business? Tell Fury I'm here for my extra bonus superhero lessons. Hey, hey, hey! I like the new... uniforms? Why y'all circling me? Oh, wait... did I hop on the wrong floating headquarters of a secret world peace keeping task force again? Oh, they're getting closer."