Chapter-23: Welcome to Vision

Its currently 10am and I spent the whole morning spending time with Natasha before she went to work. I messaged Abby and she said that she wants to meet me at a small coffee shop near her apartment at 10:30. I am currently sitting in a booth in the far corner of the shop sipping my iced mocha frap with extra cream and caramel drizzle. I am very excited to see Abby again because she is such a sweet person and we really connected the last time we spoke. She was very wise for her age. I see her walk inside the coffee shop and she looks so good, her hair is much longer as it goes down to her lower back, it looks like its freshly dyed with the same colors as last time with a dash more pink. Her eyes light up when she sees me. I stand up and we run towards each other and pull oner another into a strong hug. We keep that hold for a very long time not caring who sees me us. After a little while longer we finally break the hug. I guide her over to my booth and we sit down across from one another. "How have you been? and you have a fiancée now? Please tell me its with Jake?" her attitude is perky and based on the sound of her voice she is very excited. I feel a small blush on my cheeks. "Yes, Its jake. its been an adventure since the last time we talked but enough about me how are you? why are you back?" she smiles. "Woe, to many questions, I still am dying but I am making the best of my life and I made amends with my family and wanted to spend the rest of my time in this beautiful city. But seriously Alicia I want to know what's going on with you?" I forgot how blunt she is about her condition and I forgot that she was dying, it makes me really sad because she's such an amazing person. I don't want to bring it up because if i were dying I wouldn't want to talk about it. so I just explain everything to Abby to the best detail that I can, It takes me I want to say forty minutes to explain all that happened over the last few months. When I am finished she looks at me astonished. Then a sweet smile forms on her lips "that's such a romantic way to propose. I need to meet this man because he seems like such an amazing guy" A rush of excitement courses through my body as I whip out my phone and dial Jake's number. She looks at me confused but I just put my finger up as the phone begins dialing. "Hey Babe, What's up? Jake answers in a sweet tone. "Where are you? There's someone I really want you to meet." for a moment he's silent. "I'm at the club, you can bring them here if you'd like." "I will see you soon babe, love you" "Alright babe, I love you too" With that I hang up and stand up. "Come on, lets go" she looks at me confused as she slides out of the booth. "I didn't bring my car, I walked her" I laugh at her reply "that explains why you were so late" she playfully shoves me. She follows me out to my car and we both get in and close our doors at the exact same time. "Nice ride, this destroys my car and before you ask i drive a messed up old bug that looks like bumblebee from the movie but this one falls apart and isn't a badass transformer." we both laugh as i start my car and begin driving. "Well thank you it was given to me by Jake" her eyes go wide "damn, so what you're saying is I should ask for a car" she chuckles. Abby is such a fun person to be around, she's so happy and enthusiastic. "So? Do you think Jake's going to like me?" I look at her wide eyed. "Of course he will. I'm a little worried you are going to take him from me because of how awesome you are!" she just laughs at my comment. "well you don't have to worry about that, I am a lesbian so your man is safe" I give her a wide smile as a thought crosses my mind. "Oh really now. Well I might know someone that I can set you up with." Abby's face suddenly falls as she gives me an unreadable look. "Please don't. I don't want to get anyone's hopes up. i only have a few months remember" i can tell that I struck a nerve so the best thing I can do is back off. "I'm sorry love, Jake is going to love you" she gives me a weak smile and faces out the window. "I'm sorry Ali, I am already taking a risk with you" I don't respond for a few and just let her emotions die down a little. "Well I am happy you called, i almost forgot about you" we both share a small laugh as the club looms in the horizon. We pull into the parking lot and Abby's face lights up. "Wow, this place is awesome!" I park directly next to Jake's car. "just wait until you see the inside." We share a look as we both exit the car. Jake has already rolled out the red carpet and has the entrance set up. I open the door and Hold it for Abby who walks inside with a smile. The place is lit up and very well decorated. Jake has done a masterful job and I am saying this because Abby looks amazed as she looks around. Jake walks out from the bathroom and smiles when he sees us. "Babe!" I yell as I run up to him and pull him into a passionate kiss. We pull apart smiling hard as we turn our attention towards Abby who is just standing there smiling wide. "Jake this is Abby, Abby this is my fiancée Jake" Abby holds out her hand and Jake shakes it. "Ah the infamous Abby. Alicia told me about you and that plane ride. Its a pleasure to finally meet you" Abby blushes a little as they let go. "The infamous Jake, Its a pleasure to meet you too." I smile warmly to myself as the joy of all of this is so overwhelming. "Hey since you are technically our first customer may I offer you a tour and possibly the first drink?" Jake says in a sweet tone. Abby's eyes light up as she looks at me for validation. "Go ahead" I laugh. She gives me a stern nod before walking with Jake.