14: The Right Thing

"Focus now."

"Hooooo...." Midoriya exhaled as his legs were spread shoulder width apart and bent to mimic a sitting posture, each hand raised out in front with palm facing directly away from him. Both eyes were shut as he faced the ocean's direction and concentrated through deep breaths of the natural salty air, Endeavor slowly pacing back and forth behind the student with arms cross. "Hmmm...."

"Focus, see the image forming now." Endeavor began. "The very embodiment of your Quirk encapsulating everything around you, the way it feels as it courses through your veins to the very tips of your hands and feet. The very essence of your Quirk is what it can be used for, not what it should be used for. Empty the very contents of your mind, the only thing remaining should be what you picture about your Quirk. Your emotions, your thoughts, your actions, each no less an important piece than the other when it comes to the foundation of your Quirk. Piece them together, shape that image in your head."

Breathing deeply through his nose, and exhaling out the same way, Midoriya eased his body into complete relaxation without a thought for anything else in the world. One For All, the only thing that truly mattered in this very moment, was One For All. The warmth it gave when coursing through his limbs with Full Cowling, the destructive power it can unleash when left without complete restraint, the creaking feeling of his bones after the rush of amplification fleeted his body. To create an image out of this typhoon that has been passed down from wielder, to wielder, to wielder, to him, it was an immense task. One that he could only accomplish by breaching the hidden grounds within.

One For All was like a myriad of so many colors. There was blue, but at the same time pink. Where there was yellow there was a shade of red along with a deep purple. There was a tranquility at the epicenter of a raging storm, complete silence where the wind was a deafening force of volume. What was initially envisioned to be the egg in the microwave had long shifted with the introduction of Full Cowling, it wasn't as simple as imagining one hundred eggs in one hundred microwaves that were trying their best not to crack or break. Well, it was as simple as that, but for change it was not sufficient.

Feeling the light of One For All through his body was a trivial task, but the real challenge came in forming the image that Endeavor requested of him. What did One For All mean to Midoriya? What made it so special to him? For the first time in his life he's given an opportunity, a real one, to take the reins of his dream and reel it in to be just like his all-time idol and role model, All Might. But envisioning All Might wasn't the key to this, at least not for him. A possibility for something greater may have been bestowed by the man, but it wasn't everything.

"The two halves of your body, left and right, are equally dependent on the other to perform when the moment requires it." Endeavor said. "Your right half must be as strong as your left, your left must be as fast as your right. Without complete unity you lack strength, efficiency, speed, and above all, ability. Were there any disabilities in any halves it would require a make-up of that disability, but you have no such impediment. Meaning, both of your halves must be as strong as the other. To your right arm only, push forward your Quirk to it's highest capacity. ONLY, your right arm."

Midoriya concentrated on his right arm, ONLY, his right arm. Feeling the very tips of his fingers he slowly pushed the familiar feeling of One For All to the very ends of his digits where the cool of his skin felt warm from the intense rage brewing underneath. Just like with the Quirk Apprehension test he fueled the entire limb with One For All as much as he could, feeling a slight contortion and pull in his muscles.

"What do you see when you do this?"

"I see....colors." Midoriya answered. "Like, a bunch of different colors kinda swirling around each other. It's like a....a, tornado? No, like a....a, ball? A....I-I don't, know."