X: Key To Recovery

Why bother?! Dad's the one who put this fire under me! I'm gonna surpass that other guy one way or another it's already in my head!

Toya...

What would you know?! You're a girl you wouldn't get it anyway Fuyumi...

That's enough, Toya! How can you not understand that your body is not built for this?! Look at these burns! DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?!

The kids at school...they all wanna be heroes. But, they don't get it...

Enji we must cool him down!

They don't get what it's like...having you as a father. You lit this fire inside of me, Dad, and it's not going away....Look at me.

Toya!

Look at me...ENDEAVOR.

TOYA!

LOOK AT MEEEEEEEEEEE!

"*GASP*" Surging out of a terrifying nightmare Fuyumi gasped and panted as she frantically looked around her room, leaning towards her right and frisking over the nightstand beside her bed. The fingers of her left hand touched on the single lens of her glasses that she quickly swiped and placed over her nose, her heart deafening to the ears with her nerves shaking like crazy. There was no danger in her room, none aside from the memories of years past. A deep breath shakily exited through her lips before she threw her blanket off her body and slid off the edge of the bed in a hurry, shuffling to the door of her room and exiting into the hall.

Quickly, and quietly as she could as to not disturb anybody from their sleep, Fuyumi shuffled down the hall where the room of her two brothers were located. Worry weighed heavy over her head like an axe held by a thin rope, a sick feeling burrowing into the core of her abdomen like a drill. Just before the corner took a right turn into another corridor the woman came across the sliding door that led into the room of her younger brothers, gently taking the wooden frame of it and sliding it open. Peeking inside the smallest of cracks she needed to peek within, Fuyumi listened.

"Zzzz...Zzzz...."

"Zzzz....Zzzz-mm, mm. Tomboys-mm, Zzzz..."

She sighed in relief. "Thank goodness."

To think the memories of what's happened in this home are so deeply etched into her skin that she came to check on her younger brothers for cause of danger was this strong, it saddened her. Being the second child in a catastrophic family felt more difficult than Atlas holding up the world, especially considering the first child was bent out of order due to the stress and nature that is Endeavor. What was supposed to be an older sibling to look up to in Toya, soon turned into an icon of terror and discordance for the Todoroki family. No longer did Fuyumi have an elder brother to turn to for the burden of becoming the anchor of her siblings now fell onto her shoulders. She never asked for this duty, but then again, duty was a phone call that could not be ignored.

This whole incident revolving around Toya and this 'Dabi' character created spirals of uneasiness and concern in the woman's heart. Not only that, but guilt replaced the blood in her body with a stream of pure lead. Why Midoriya? Why did somebody who had no business with the Todoroki family have to be attacked and brutalized in order for a buried name to come haunting back. Why couldn't she or any of her siblings be attacked or even Endeavor? Of course, she would not want any sort of harm to come Natsuo or Shoto's way but still, leave Midoriya out of this. That's all she could ask for.

Returning to sleep was a fat chance, Fuyumi knew of this. And with school out for today she could not sit in this house easily knowing there were too many questions and feelings running through the course of her system. She needed answers, but she knew there were none. She needed peace, but she knew there was none to be had. So what did she have? There was one thing she could go to, whether or not they would have any answers for her was highly unlikely but nonetheless it was a place either way. Because when the rain poured too hard and the monsters under the bed wouldn't go away, there was only one person that would always be a better hero than the official heroes themselves.