Chapter 16.

••••

Part 16: Spain

••••

••••

January 16th, 1534
Bay of Biscay, Bilbao, Spain

            Madeline sighed out boredly as she looked out of the small window of her rather large cabin.

After almost a three weeks on the water, Madeline was fed up with this salt smelling room. She was bottled up here with her friend Jane, only person she brought with herself in Spain from England.

Madeline was more than glad that she got  Jane. That she made friendship with this blonde haired woman so quickly and was even gladder that Anne let Jane go with Madeline.

"I see land," Said Madeline cheerfully when she could finally see Spain from afar. Madeline turned to her friend who was sitting at the table with cards in her hand.

"Will you help me get changed? We need to look presentable," Smiled at Jane Madeline.

~~~~

When the large ship arrived in Bilbao port and Madeline took her first drop on Spanish land she was met with way warmer weather and even warm light wind then she was used in England and English cruel winter winds.

When brunette haired woman looked around she was met with beautiful of bright green land, small mountains filled with bright green trees, nice light beige colored sand and bright blue water. Color of water what was reminding Madeline of Henry's eyes.

But what was destroying her view were two rather small carriage in black and dark red color decorated with gold ornaments on the doors and around windows and what gained Madeline's attention was big back wheel which was looking rather comic. By that carriage stood older man. Who was looking more like a pirate than one of Emperor's men.

The older man walked up to Madeline and Jane, taking off his red gold hat with peacock feathers on it, before he spoke up in terrible english, "Good day, my Lady. I am Juan Sánchez-Villalobos Ramírez, his majesty's right hand. I am here to escort you to Monasterio de San Jerónimo de Yuste, where you will meet with Emperor Charles."

Madeline gave him a small, but polite smile to greet him.

"Buen día señor. Gracias por venir a recogernos a mí y a mi amigo, (Good day, sir. Thank you for coming to pick me and my friend up)," Spoke up Madeline in her perfect spanish, shocking him.

Emperor's right hand helped Madeline up into the carriage and sat down on the opposite side of her while Jane got into the carriage behind her's.

"¿Cuánto tiempo estaremos en el camino? (How long we will be on the road?" Asked Madeline curiously, not knowing how comfortable she should get.