Chapter 75.

••••

Part 75. : Guests in fun

••••

••••

April 26th, 1537
Hampton Court

9 months pregnant

Henry stepped out of his story with Charles, his brother-in-law and best friend in one person, by his side as they walked together towards the  courtyard.

"Is it only my sister and Madeline there?" Asked Henry his friend, preparing himself for another afternoon in the company of women only.

"No, your sister decided it is time to visit towns nearby and give food and gold to poor," Told him Charles and his words made Henry to freeze in his movements.

"So, Madeline is all alone?" Asked Henry unsure.

"No, the Earl of Sussex and Lady Emily are there with her. And of course, her sworn protector Ser Maximilian is out there as well," Shook his head Charles and Henry rolled his eyes, before he stepped. In front of him stood him wife, his beautiful young wife.

Her stomach looked so swollen, so big from the place where Henry stood. She looked so good carrying next King of England, but yet, she looked so beautiful. She wore a pale purple gown with long sleeves, her hair free of any braid or crown and the Earl of Sussex was helping her to sit down.

"Henry! Finally! You have finally decided to join us. Your wife has been lonely out here," Voice of Henry's sister pulled the English King out of his thoughts, making him to roll his eyes as he stepped towards them.

"I thought you was out," Said Henry casually to his sister, kissing her cheek.

"Well, I was," Groaned Mary as she shook her head at her brother's words.

"I hope Madeline has been beating you all at archery," Henry spoke up as he made his way over to his wife, gently placing his hand on Madeline's shoulder, but Madeline's reaction was shocking. She tensed up under his touch.

"Oh, she has. Her brother have taught her well," Mary said with a soft laugh as she offered Madeline a goblet of cold water.

"Thank you, Mary," Smiled Madeline as her sister-in-law as she turned to look at her husband, giving him a forced smile.

"Are you alright, my love?" Asked Henry gently as he down how uncomfortable Madeline was with sitting there. And Madeline only nodded her head in agreement and rubbed her large bump.

"Yes, I am fine," Nodded Madeline in agreement.

"Our child is moving around a lot today," Filled him in Madeline with a small laugh as a maid stepped forward and handed Madeline a bowl of cherries.