Chapter 34.

••••

Part 34: Back between wolves

••••

••••

Madeline, Isabella, Sebastian and Christopher all rented a small house for the night, the English lady was putting on some earrings as Isabella was fastening the back of her black and red dress when the sound of knocking was heard.

"Come in, I'm nearly ready," Madeline called out as Christopher and Sebastian walked into the room.

"No rush, they are bringing the horses around," Sebastian informed as Madeline mutter a small thank you to her friend as she did the same to her, before stepping out from behind the curtain with a frown on her face.

"No rush? I feel awful that we stopped at all. your swear you didn't do it for us, because Isabella is a terrible rider," Questioned Madeline with small, playful smile on her face.

Isabella held an offended look in her face, nudging her friend who was teasing her and exclaimed, "I am not."

Christopher held an amused look on his stern face as he glanced between the two women and told the two of them, "We've gained time on horseback. We never would have achieved by carriage, but we all needed rest."

"The horses were about to drop as well and in truth, it may not matter and Catherine might be already dead," Sebastian spoke up with a saddened look on his face as Madeline took his hand with a shake of her head.

"Don't say that. Have some faith. She could still be alright and knowing her, she'd be bossing the servants around planning her own funeral. We still might have time to save her," Told Madeline firmly to man she loved.

Sebastian smiled softly down at the brunette haired woman in front of him as he recalled everything Catherine, the closest person he had to mother, done recently flickering his blue eyes between Isabella and Madeline, as he began to speak up, "You both might think she deserves it after all she had done."

Isabella sighed out with a sympathetic look on her pale face, turning her gaze to the blonde haired man and mumbled out, "I think we all can say it is in the past."

"It will be soon if I can convince your husband to spare her life," Sebastian commented, shaking his head in disbelief, "It's unbelievable, really. If it all goes well, Rick begins his life with Jane and I get exile and Catherine, not for long. I will set her up somewhere, far away, with everyone dear to her and then Madeline and I, will be onto the next."

"Where will you both go?" Isabella asked curiously, folding her arms across her chest as Madeline smiled brightly at her friend.

"Sebastian is going to take me to see Turkey. We plan to travel as much as we can, while we still have the chance."