Chapter 18 - Goodbyes are never not sad

Sanha dropped her off infront of ‘her’ apartment. They chatted about random things. Sanha was one who spoke mostly and Soo ah would say something sarcastically making Sanha frown from time to time.

“Thank you for everything actually. You have done so much for me” She states feeling very grateful. It's true that he made her cheer up.

“It's fine. I am doing it because I want to” Sanha says softly.

Soo ah raise her brow surprised. “Oh, and why is that?”

“You don't want to know,” He said with a cheeky smile.

Soo ah nodded not asking further because she was scared of his answer.

“Then goodnight. See you tomorrow” Soo ah waves at him and gets out of the car. Sanha watches her leave. He wasn't feeling all regretful like last time. He's actually happy that everything is turning out quite well.

Sure not everything is easy with her. Actually everything is complicated. Still, just the way she listened to him talk about random things made him want to have more with her. It's dangerous and because of that it's exciting. She's exciting. She's like a book. The more pages flipped, the more engaging she gets. It's not just a simple crush anymore. He likes her. He really does.

When Soo ah opened the door the lights were all out. Inwoo isn't the one who sleeps early. But it looks like he had slept already. Soo ah sighs and changes her dress ready to sleep. A small smile popped at her face thinking about all the things that just happened. So much for being acquainted. But the smile soon faded away thinking about Inwoo.
She really has to move out tomorrow because Dami just keeps rushing. No matter what, she has to move out. So tomorrow she will talk with the landowner and talk about an agreement. And she has to talk with Inwoo. That thought alone is making her lose all her sleep.

Still brushing away her thoughts she lay on her bed and soon falls asleep.

**************

The morning was the most awkward morning she had ever had with Inwoo. They stuttered talking to each other, stumbling on words and all. Atleast Soo ah managed to get out of the house saying she has to go early. She catches a bus and leaves.

She talked with Dami about moving and decided to move her things on Sunday. Now all she has to do is talk to Inwoo. And she did. Just like yesterday she waited for Inwoo to come back from work. And now Inwoo is sitting opposite to her. Again.

“I’ll say first. I am so so sorry for not telling you. I know you're very hurt. But can you please understand me.” Soo ah started first.

“It's fine and I understand you. I was just caught off guard when you suddenly said that. But no matter what I say, you're going to leave right?” his voice croaked a little.

Soo ah eyes became watery. It was her first time seeing Inwoo like this. So vulnerable and fragile. She went forward and embraced In woo.

“Thank you for always being with me. And I promise, I'll call you everyday” Soo ah said after pulling out.

“Promise me” Inwoo holds out his pinky finger. Soo ah laughed and made a pinky promise with him.

“So when are you going?” He asks, still feeling a bit stiff. Soo ah sighed not knowing what to do to make him feel better. It's not going to be easier living alone after being with someone for a long time.

“I am going to move things probably tomorrow.” She said,

“Do you need any help?”

“It would be nice if you drive me there with the boxes and all. I have only a few dresses and books.”