Chapter 23 - For the last time

“Of Course. you’re right on time Soo ahshi” Han bin said with his signature smirk while he sat on the chair opposite to Soo ah. Soo ah didn’t care enough to say something back. Instead she took a sip from her Iced americano. The past few hours were hellish for her. Each second felt like minutes and each minute felt like hour. She did everything to avoid any conversation with Han bin, but here she is sitting face to face with her bully.

She took a deep breath and sipped her drink once again. Han bin was enjoying all this way too much. he still has that damn smirk on his face. Soo ah felt like just punching his face until his nose broke and two teeth fell off. His dumbass only survived because of his pretty face.
Seeing he’s not thinking about opening his mouth any time soon, She decided to take the initiative as usual.

“What do you want Han bin?”

“Let me finish this drink. It’s very hot, you know” He said, taking a sip from his hot chocolate.
Soo ah felt her anger coming up burned. That hot chocolate should be on his face.
Just like that, Han bin tested her patience for a few more minutes.

“So let me ask you Soo ah. What is your relationship with Sanhashi” He asked finally, but still testing her.

Soo ah shut her eyes tightly taking deep breaths again before calmly answering his question. “I am his manager, and that's it. We are quite close as I am with every other member. And he just dropped me home because I was way too drunk. That's it. What do you want, Han bin. Just say what you want. I’ll do anything” her voice went low. She was lying. He was special. maybe more than special. And maybe it’s the same with Sanha too.

“Oh my. You’re sacrificing yourself. Since you’re ready to do anything, resign. like right now.” he chuckled viciously. Soo ah grinded her teeth. She didn’t expect any less from Han bin anyway. But still it hurts, right in the middle of the heart. Her eyes are welling up , but she can’t cry infront of this douchebag.

“Will you delete it if I quit?” She asked softly as she had no reason to yell at him. It’s her fault anyway. She shouldn’t have become this close with Sanha. Then it wouldn’t have hurt this much. She blamed herself. He’s in her everything. It was on the stage where she started to see him everywhere. It’s not going to be easy now. He came like a dandelion and planted his seed in her heart even before she realised it. He watered it daily with his gazes and all. And it has become a tree with lots of flowers. By the look of it, they are going to wither soon.

“I’ll think about it. You should’ve accepted my apology back then” He said getting up while Soo ah gaped at him dumbfounded. Is he acting stupid or actually dumb ? Soo ah scoffed thinking about it while walking to the bus stop. But the next thought made her just as sad as she was a few minutes ago. She really has to say bye to all the Sweet memories she had for the past four months. At least it’s for the best.

She can resign from there silently. But once the members receive the news they sure won’t let her go once they know the real reason. Especially Sanha, of course. It doesn't look like he’s going to let her go easily. She’ll have to move out. Again? But where ? She still doesn’t have enough money to rent out a room, and now without a job too.

“No,I am not going back to busan” She mumbled. A bus came right at that time and she got in. Her mind filled with lots of clouds again. She managed to move some clouds while on the ride back. She decided to tell Dami her past with Han bin and how trashy he can get. Dami is someone she cares so much about. She has to protect her at all costs.

Before she even realised she had reached her stop. She went home, took a shower to drain away all the bad thoughts. She felt fresh but still felt hollow. Even if Hanbin deletes the photo it’s better if she quittes. It was just Hanbin this time and he just wants to blackmail her. But it could be anyone if there is a next time and they are not going to ask her or anything.