Hope

I ran away with tears in my eyes and hid where no one could find me and once I'm sure no one can see me, I cry. Why am I kind to them? Why do I laugh with them when all I had was taken from me by them. My dreams, my family, my home, my life. Yet here I am crying, pitifully so. I hug my knees to my chest and just let it all out. I keep letting my tears fall until the sound of my sobbing stops as i fall asleep.

"μαμά" A little's girls screams for her mom wakes me up and before my own mind could react my body moves and runs towards the cries. Once i reach the little girl my mind finally keeps up. i know those screams, i know that voice and as our eyes meet. I see the most beutiful green eyes i have ever seen, my little girl's green eyes..... Achelois. I fall to my knees and she runs to me and hugs my neck crying, my ears ring and i hesitently hug her back. "A-Achelois?" My voice cracks as try to utter her name. "Μαμά, πού ήσουν" Mom, where were you? she cried and sobbed "Ήμουν πολύ φοβισμένος" I was really scared, she cried louder and someone starts crying loudly and little did I know does were my cries as I started rocking my body as i hold her.

Takeru's POV

What do you say to a women that hates yet still treats you kindly? What do you do when the girl you started to bond with in a deep emotional level exclaims how we took everything from her with such a hatred that it breaks something in you? I can tell you what I did.

She ran away when she saw that she was cornered and the awkwardness won't leave like she did. Dionysus eyes won't stop looking towards the path she took, Apollo can't stop letting his tears fall and in a really twisted part of me hopes he feels the deepest of pains because of his actions Athena may have more reason to hate us. "...How did you get the book?" Loki breaks the silence making Apollo flinch a little. "....I wanted to know why she sometimes looks at us conflicted with her hatred and yet compassion, so i went to my dad" he responded bitterly. "and you think reading her history, her soul will have answered those questions, knowing that would be an invasion of privacy?" My brother saids surprising us. Apollo just apologized while looking to the floor.

I wanted to add something but before I could a little girl falls from the ceiling, by reflex i Immediately caught her and as i take in her appearance my body froze, She is a complete replica of Athena except for her hair and eyes.

Dionysus POV

Always running when shit gets tough, always. I'm sick of it. She left when I most needed her and she just bailed on me yet i still waited 3 centuries for her to return to me and say she was sorry. I wanted to move on, i still do but can't. I tried with Ariadne before she knew she was a lesbian but at the end of our intimacy i always cried and felt like a traitor. I waited but she move on just fine, to the point she forgot every about us, got married, had kids while I'm still waiting.

"μαμά" A littles scream snaps me from the thought in my head and when I look my heart just stops. A complete repica of Athena yet her eyes and hair are a reflexion of.... me.

She squirms in Takeru's hold so he puts her down as she cries for her mother and just like that Athena appears and when her eyes lock with the little girls she drops her knees as the child runs and hugs her neck. I can't hear or speak, frozen in my position. "brother?" Apollo calls me as he touches my shoulder. I look at him, feeling numb and i could see a shiver run trough his spine. "...i'll go and i'll take the rest" He tells me, knowing exactly my thoughts They leave reluctantly , specially Loki, Baldr and Takeru but at the end they leave. Leaving me alone with them.

Athena's pov

i kissed her face all over and apologize wit each kiss until she started giggling. "μαμά, με γαργαλάς" mom, your tickling me, she said laughing but i just hug her to my chest. "Σε αγαπώ Αχελόη" I love you Achelois i sob "μαμά γιατί κλαις" Mom, why are you crying? she asked worried. I kissed the crown of her head and just breath in her scent. "απλά σε αγαπώ πολύ μωρό μου" i just really love you, baby, i responded. She smiled at me and told me she loved me too. I smiled back but then someone crouches down with us. When I look who it was my heart stopped for some reason. Dionysus just stares at us, well more at my daughter. When Achelois notices him I realized something, their hair and eyes match perfectly which makes me feel dread. He did say we knew each other so is it posible? "Τα μάτια μας ταιριάζουν" Our eyes match, Achelois said excited. He nods with a pained smile and when he looks at me hatred reflex back to me. "-Είμαι ο Αχελόης, ποιος είσαι εσύ" I am Achelois, who are you? "Είμαι ο Διόνυσος, φίλος της μαμάς σου" I am Dionysus, a friend of your mom. he said a bit shallow, as if his trying to maintain his composure. I get up and pick her up. Dionysus also gets up. "I'm going to Zeus, he might know what happen" I said without meeting his eyes. As I walk away he grabs my shoulder "We need to talk, Zeus can wait" He said serious, which was rare so I knew I was in deep shit. "Άσε τη μαμά μου να φύγει" Let my mom go, Achelois demanded while glaring at im. His eyes soften and let me go. "Δεν με έκανε κακό, μωρό μου" He wasn't hurting me, baby. I reassure her and she just pouts cutely and hugs my neck "Δεν μου αρέσει το πώς σε κοιτάζει" I don't like how he looks at you, she whispered. I just sooth her back "Επιτρέψτε μου να ανησυχώ για αυτό, εντάξει"Let me worried about that, ok? I said while kissing her chubby cheeks. I then look at Dionysus "We will but I believe the conversation is not for her ears" I utter. I go outside to see the gods really worried. I look over at Takeru and walk towards him. "Can you keep her safe for me?" I ask him softly and his eyes soften and nods. I then walk to the room again preparing for the worst and I don't even know why?

Loki's pov

"μαμά μη φεύγεις" Athena's daughter said but I couldn't understand. Athena looks at her daughter softly and kisses her hand and whisper some words that calm her daughter down. She then goes back to the room to talk with Dionysus and by the face he made when he saw Achelois, I know it's going to be one tough conversation. I look at the little girl in Takeru's arms and I see it's pure innocence, no secrets hiding in her eyes, no hatred, just pure innocence. I know that she might not understand me but Athena is part Nordic and I hope she passed our language to her daughter like she did with her son. "ᚺᛖᚤ, ᛗᚤ ᚾᚨᛗᛖ ᛁᛋ ᛚᛟᚴᛁ. ᚹᚺᚨᛏ'ᛋ ᚤᛟᚢᚱᛋ" Hey my name is Loki, what's your name? I asked gently and her eyes glitter and I knew she understood me. "ᛗᚤ ᚾᚨᛗᛖ ᛁᛋ ᚨᚲᚺᛖᛚᛟᛁᛋ" My name is Achelois, she said so softly and such a pura and bright smile, I think I went blind for a second. "ᚾᛁᚲᛖ ᛏᛟ ᛗᛖᛖᛏ ᚤᛟᚢ" Nice to meet you, I said trying not to scare her. Everyone was looking at us with expecting eyes, Takeru tighten his hold on her and for some reason she understood something only Takeru and herself can. She patted his shoulder softly and this I think means, I'm ok. Takeru's hold then softens. She then looks at me "ᛁᛋ ᚤᛟᚢᚱ ᚾᚨᛗᛖ ᚱᛖᚨᛚᛚᚤ ᛚᛟᚴᛁ" Is your name really Loki, she asked with such joy it made me stumble a bit. No one has ever look at me like I hold the world in my hands, only disgust, disdain and hatred. "ᚤᛖᚨᚺ" yeah, I said a bit shaky. Her face lights and her smile was so beautiful. She has her mother's smile when she doesn't feel the pain that she tries to hide behind her nonchalant behavior. "ᛗᚤ ᚷᚱᚨᚾᛞᛈᚨ'ᛋ ᚾᚨᛗᛖ ᛁᛋ ᚨᛚᛋᛟ ᛚᛟᚴᛁ. ᛗᚤ ᛗᛟᛗ ᛋᚨᛁᛞ ᛏᚺᚨᛏ ᛁᛏ ᛗᛖᚨᚾᛋ ᛋᛏᚱᛖᚾᚷᛏᚺ" My grandpa's name is also Loki. My mom said that it means strength, she exclaimed so happily. She then extended her arms to me. Takeru hesitantly hands her to me. I grabbed her with shaky hands, scared that I might hurt her or drop her. But she wasn't scared at all, her eyes told me, I trust you'.

Balder's POV

Always Loki, never me. Always looking at him, not me. Is it bad that I was glad that she gave her daughter to Takeru? But when he interacted with that little angel, it hurt but... Loki has never had someone look at him that way, with so much joy and awe as if he hanged the moon just for her. Seeing him be so vulnerable, scared made me scared too yet happy because even though it angers me that Athena won't look or joke with me, Achelois gifted him something not even I could give him, hope.

To be continued.......

I hope you guys like the chapter
Unknown words

μαμά μη φεύγεις - mom, don't leave